Tips for New York Min Hardcore

#11NeroTheLurkerPosted 6/19/2012 12:46:28 AM
iron_defense posted...
For gods sake, don't use the grenade launcher in XIII. you go into last man standing, you lose.

Oh god, this! THIS! THIS! THIS!

I tried to pick up an enemies dropped M10 and ended up picking the Launcher up and surprise attack. Needless to say the grenade never reached the target that was like 5 feet away from me.
---
I <3 Zyns
#12whiteboygenePosted 6/28/2012 11:46:13 AM
I can't even believe people are trying this, I mean, power to you. I feel like if I tried it and failed near the end I would be so upset that I wouldn't even want to play this game anymore.
---
Today, they take away your game time. But what of tomorrow? Do the women take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?!
#13Fat_Tone420Posted 6/28/2012 12:27:12 PM
AmuroRei78 posted...
For gods sake, don't use the grenade launcher in XIII. you go into last man standing, you lose.

That grenade launcher gets you loads of time tho. I use it to wipe out the elevator enemies easy. But, the time I beat NYMHC I actually got put into last stand at the elevator lobby fight with the grenade launcher in my hand. Figured it was over for me, but I must of shot the grenade a second before last stand. As I was slowly falling down the enemies blew up and it revived me.

But definitely be careful with grenade launchers. Also, use the grenade launcher in chapter 8 but not until you get to the spot where all the guys by cars are chasing Passos.
#14drunkarchitectPosted 6/28/2012 5:11:01 PM
stawg007 posted...
1 Know where every painkiller is on each level, you may not need them but making sure you have as many PK's on you at any time is important! Better to be safe than sorry as one screw up and that's a good few hours down the drain, believe me, i got to Chpater 9 and 10 and failed both times! Got it on my third though :)

2 Avoid shootdodging and focus on using bullet time, shootdodging will leave you very vulnerable after the dodge whereas bullet time you can peek out of cover activate BT kill some guys, go back in cover deactivate and repeat

3 Instead of moving into cover, stand behind it in a way so enemies can't shoot you but you can still shoot them, this is particuarly useful in the later chapter's that get more difficult

4 Always use PK so you don't go into LMS as you may run out of ammo or the guy might not pop out for you to shoot, like i said, better to be safe than sorry

5 You probably won't need to worry about time too much, in terms of time it's WAYYY easier than NYM because your time accumulates but it's good to build up as much time as possible in the ealier levels since the later ones get harder and you will want to take your time later on! Try to build time whenever you can that's easy to do e.g. blowing up cars that your walking past, always go for headshots(not only for the time bonus but for easy kills and ammo conservation but that's pretty obvious anyway)

6 When you're fighting the machete guy, make sure you tap each button ONCE! don't make the mistake i did and panic and press rt too many times causing me to die and waste that entire playthrough! i suggest practicing, it's not hard at all but it will help you get the ryhthm down and avoid dieing when you go to do it for real

7 Stick to the smg's, pistols and AR's, don't bother with shotguns! Try to have a pistol and an uzi together instead of duel wielding same weapons as this will prevent you burning through ammo really quickly and still give you crazy firepower if duel wielding

8 When fighting the apc/tank thing on Chapter 13, wait until it's finished firing, run out to the rocket launcher, activate bullet time and get into cover asap! you can activate bt and just shoot it without going into cover if you're quick enough but missing the tank or not being quick enough will definitely cost you since that thing rips you apart in no time

9 Know the levels well, since it's one of your last achievements you probably know them well anyway but it's important and will make your playthrough through at least the majority of the game a cakewalk

that's about all i can think of, maybe someone else has some tips but those are the tips i went with and worked out pretty well! Aplogies for the essay but i thought id add whatever i could think of, despite some being very obvious lol

great post. i never thought of some tips you mentioned, and i'll definitely try them when i do my NYMHC run.
#15kevo_penguinPosted 6/28/2012 5:55:36 PM
Be sure to turn on golden guns.

I forgot I disabled them. You get pretty good mag size increases with them on.
---
8.617 x 10^-5 eV*K^-1
#16drunkarchitectPosted 6/28/2012 6:08:04 PM
kevo_penguin posted...
Be sure to turn on golden guns.

I forgot I disabled them. You get pretty good mag size increases with them on.

really? i did not know that, lol. how much of an increase?
#17Perfec7__Posted 6/28/2012 7:17:45 PM
You get the extended mag versions of the guns from MP.
---
You have destroyed so much. What is it, exactly, that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not.
#18kevo_penguinPosted 6/28/2012 8:01:36 PM
really? i did not know that, lol. how much of an increase?

Depends on the weapon, but yeah I believe it is the same as MP.

8 to 12 for 1911s
15 to 21 for PT92
10 to 20 for Mini 30
---
8.617 x 10^-5 eV*K^-1
#19blastmaster2k2Posted 6/28/2012 8:36:33 PM
AmuroRei78 posted...

True but I want to point out that you can pick it up after you kill the guys coming out of the garage and use it strategically in safe spots to gain a lot of seconds, first off you can blow up all the vehicles for 10 seconds a piece(don't stand too close to them though), then there's an easy 30 seconds to pick up after you go up the stairs, etc... I personally pick it up and switch to a pistol to take them out, then blow up the cars.
---
Join my Max Payne 3 crew: Hardcore PC Gamers. GRFS is next.