What am I doing wrong?

#1icemg1kPosted 7/3/2012 12:08:51 PM
All of the headshots and unrealistic shots through nooks and crannies and other implausible angles...the killbot A.I. that has the most bogus sense heading on the planet. I almost feel like I need to look up guides on youtube because this game is so frustrating.

Im only playing on Hard right now and I just got to the airport part where the theme song plays and the whole thing is shenanigans. Up until this point I've only been able to grind through the game like 15 minutes at a time before I rage quit.

I'm just a little disappointed that Rockstar followed the same killbot/omnipotent shooting A.I. that other games seem to be relying on in order to make the game "Challenging". But to me it seems as though they do this in order to make you keep playing the game so you have to constantly go back and do trial and error with each scenario. I don't remember the previous max paynes being this ridiculous. Any tips?
#2stawg007Posted 7/3/2012 12:13:38 PM
Always aim for the head and use bullet time correctly

if you strafe while using bullet time the enemy will almost always miss you

another tactic is stay in cover, as you pop out activate bullet time, kill a guy or two, pop back in cover and stop bullet time, let your meter recharge and repeat
#3icemg1k(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 12:28:01 PM
I hear what you're saying, and I've actually tried those strategies but the results are too inconsistent. This game just seems like another one that forces you to master it.....and then you immediately hate yourself afterwards hahaha. Its too bad because its the same feeling I got from call of duty, and its sad that I feel the same way about a max payne game. oh well
#4unclekoolaid73Posted 7/3/2012 12:41:15 PM
no offense, but im sure you'll be offended or someone who reads this will be, but i think people in general have gotten use to games being to easy and they play one thats kind of "hard" and blame the developers, get better or stop playing it is some easy advise that im sure with piss of the masses on this board. Its harsh but maybe your in over your head with this game, if you think hard is bad your going to hate the next difficulty setting, hardcore.
---
xboxGT: METHENSTEIN
#5icemg1k(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 2:37:42 PM
You're trolling though.
#6TheRisingSonPosted 7/3/2012 2:49:11 PM
The game is challenging, but that's a good thing! Once you've mastered the single player, it'll make you a better player online and vice versa.
#7whiteboygenePosted 7/3/2012 3:01:42 PM
For one thing, you're playing on Hard and you shouldn't just expect to breeze through it.

You just need to practice and try new strategies, learn from your deaths and remember where the enemies are.

-Only ShootDodge when you're sure you'll land somewhere you're protected by gunfire.

-Get BulletTime by shooting guys and being shot at.

-ShootDodge will activate BulletTime even if you don't have any in your bar, this can be very useful.

-If you're having a hard time with accuracy, I'd suggest using automatic weapons and/or dual-wielding.

-Your gun matters, if you are using a 9mm against an armored enemy it's best to aim for the head, where if you had something like an AK-47 you could pour a couple shots into an enemy's chest for the kill.

-Don't spend precious seconds trying to line up a headshot when the enemy is already taking aim at you. A simple shot to any part of the body will be enough to startle them for a few seconds, sometimes even longer than that or even so much as putting them on the ground, giving you a few more seconds to breathe and find a new target, or finish them off.

-Since you aren't playing Score Attack, just shoot like a madman. New guns with ammo come with every guy you drop so just blast like hell, it's fun.

-Always expect enemies from any direction, especially above you.

-Sometimes in "Last Man Standing" mode you can shoot other enemies besides the one who shot you, this can be very helpful since you always end up on the ground after that mode activates.

-Don't waste Bullet-Time, and use it to your advantage. If you have a full bar and want to ShootDodge without wasting all of it, click in RS right after you start jumping to go ahead and turn the shootdodge off.

Can't really think of anything else.
---
Today, they take away your game time. But what of tomorrow? Do the women take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?!
#8unclekoolaid73Posted 7/3/2012 3:09:06 PM
icemg1k posted...
You're trolling though.

how so? please point out how im trolling, you yourself are admitting to the game being hard. im not trying to deliberately anger you but your asking for advice and this is what ive given. Get better or quit playing. it may not be the advice you wanted but its the best i got.
i could have said something like "you'll get better keep trying" but positive reinforcement doesnt work IMO. And again if this is tough for you you screwed when it comes to the next difficulty if you attempt it. your "raging" over a video game,(your words) i really think it is time for you to stop playing, why upset yourself over something so trivial?
---
xboxGT: METHENSTEIN
#9Mr_ShabbsPosted 7/3/2012 6:36:13 PM
And did you play the first Max Payne???? That games difficulty was sooooooooo MUCH harder than this one.... This one im breezing through...
---
-Darkness
#10icemg1k(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 7:38:11 PM
unclekoolaid73 posted...
icemg1k posted...
You're trolling though.

how so? please point out how im trolling, you yourself are admitting to the game being hard. im not trying to deliberately anger you but your asking for advice and this is what ive given. Get better or quit playing. it may not be the advice you wanted but its the best i got.
i could have said something like "you'll get better keep trying" but positive reinforcement doesnt work IMO. And again if this is tough for you you screwed when it comes to the next difficulty if you attempt it. your "raging" over a video game,(your words) i really think it is time for you to stop playing, why upset yourself over something so trivial?

thanks Doctor Phil, I was looking for a post that was more along the lines of whiteboygenes.