Multiplayer is like Bioshock 2

#1HMXTaylor_LeePosted 10/2/2012 2:42:57 AM
It's a novel attempt to incorporate tried and true elements from the single player into a multiplayer mode.

On paper, it's awesome. Different weapons with different ranks and attachments. The bursts are pretty neat too, just like the plasmids from Bioshock 2.

But just like Bioshock 2, it's incredibly clunky in it's execution. In both games, the online is incredibly unfriendly to new players (i.e. starting with nothing against rank 50's). The powers almost always take a backseat to simply running around and shooting people anyways.

And just like Bioshock 2 again, it's more of a game that tests your internet connection than anything. The amount of latency is horrible, to the point where even if I shoot an enemy first with several 5.56 rounds, he can simply turn and shoot with a lowly 9mm pistol and down me in seemingly one bullet. All the touted realism of the engine had no effect in the multiplayer, as even when several bullets are fired into a foes dominant firing arm, they are still able to fire just as proficiently.

There's a lot of potential, and Rockstar was clearly banking on it (having put all of it's eggs into the DLC basket with a multiplayer focus, and zero allocated to single player), but I personally think it needs more basic fixes (balancing and netcode, primarily).

Anyone else share these thoughts?
#2Judas TravellerPosted 10/14/2012 9:28:19 PM
Well said.
---
lest I forget Chip the Wheelchair Boy Wonder, destroyer of floppy discs, and the master of being thrown through glass windows by robot dogs from outer space.
#3AlleyBoi420Posted 10/21/2012 5:15:53 PM
I just think it is incredibly stupid they have nothing but Multiplayer DLC for this game. Its like what the hell were they thinking?
---
"when it comes to reality i own the $5m penthouse and the lambo and you have nothing. and i punch you in the face and you start crying" - supergreat
#4JascoDPosted 10/23/2012 12:22:48 PM
AlleyBoi420 posted...
I just think it is incredibly stupid they have nothing but Multiplayer DLC for this game. Its like what the hell were they thinking?

This.
---
Itchy Tasty!
#5TheRisingSonPosted 10/30/2012 8:45:29 PM
Only people I hear complaining about the multiplayer are those who are just no good at it. In my opinion it's the most fun I've had in a third person shooter, is fast, fun & frantic and very addictive. I've seen some scenes during multiplayer matches that were even better than anything Hollywood or John Woo could come up with and actually being apart of the action makes it that much more awesome.
#6yomo110Posted 11/1/2012 12:00:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7yomo110Posted 11/1/2012 12:08:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8SoF-RamboPosted 11/5/2012 6:54:02 AM
^ Why does it sound like you're trying to convince yourself?
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#9SUPER_DISPosted 11/16/2012 8:03:02 PM
And I like how it multiplayer once you go into slo-mo, you almost becoming invincible. I mean you're a slower target now, and you're easier to shoot at, but no, you just gained about 60 pounds of body armour for that split second of slo mo
---
Banana Banana Banana Banana Terracotta Banana Terracotta Terracotta Pie!
Banana Banana Banana Banana Terracotta Banana Terracotta Terracotta Pie!