Multiplayer

#1Stoopid_FoolPosted 1/19/2012 9:32:03 PM
Why did they have to add multiplayer to Max Payne? Anyone who has ever played Max Payne knows it doesn't need a multiplayer, I mean they're singleplayer games. Now I understand if their trying to do somethin different or new or somethin but I mean why put the effort into it when the multiplayer will be dead so quickly. Only certain games should have multiplayer-Counter-Strike, COD, Battlefield, and a few others, you know what I mean? The Max Payne games are my favorite of all time and I personally don't think it needs multiplayer at all, also I would love to platinum this game and when a game like this has multiplayer and multiplayer trophies then if you get it months after its release and you want to platinum it then its pretty much impossible. I personally don't think there should be trophies for multiplayer at all unless its a multiplayer only game. I have pre-ordered it so hopefully I'll be able to platinum it but you know what I mean when I say that games shouldn't have multiplayer trophies, I guess I always looked at multiplayer as a fun little after-thought to the single-player to a game that shouldnt have a goal it should just be for fun. Anyone else agree?
#2danyaelzeroPosted 1/19/2012 11:46:56 PM(edited)
Completely, completely agree. Not every game needs multiplayer and they should never directly tie trophies into it. And it's true, you have to buy a game within it's first month to get anywhere with it. I recently purchased Resistance 2 and it has two mp trophies (which of course are time consuming to get), but you can't level up when you can't get in a ranked match or your battling level 30's with all the upgraded weapons. Multiplayer games are too unbalanced to be taken seriously and need to be toned way down.

However, they should focus on Co-Op for people who don't neccessarily care for mp. Max Payne should have had an online or offline Co-Op with minimal trophy requirements and then left alone, but judging by the pre-orders availible this will really fall back on mp and DLC for it.

Edit: Up in the air on pre-ordering, because of the mp. Might wait to see some video on it.

---
---
I don't go near the Metal Gear boards anymore, because they are incapable of polite conversation, logic, or abstract thought.
#3Stoopid_Fool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 1:20:32 PM
Good I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. And yeah co-op would be great for Max Payne, maybe they will have a couple of missions with offline co-op like in Max Payne 2 with Mona Sax, even though that wasnt full co-op but still. I personally pre-ordered it as soon as I could because I love the Max Payne games so I won't let the multiplayer ruin it for me, but it will take away from it a little bit. But I'm still super stoked for the singleplayer, I mean its even got the original voice actor and everything.
#4danyaelzeroPosted 1/22/2012 3:10:20 AM
That's true, and that shows dedication on the devs side to bring back the same vo actor and change the character design back after hearing the fans distaste.

Also, after replaying Max 1&2 and since it won't be out now until May... I'll be pre-ordering this, as well. So, if you'd like to, add me on PSN (my sig) and we can get a jump on the multiplayer.
---
---
I don't go near the Metal Gear boards anymore, because they are incapable of polite conversation, logic, or abstract thought.
#5Stoopid_Fool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 3:24:24 PM
Yeah that sounds good, I'll add you but I don't see your PSN anywhere, mine's StoopidFool94. Also just so you know I think there will be regular lookin Max and the bald Max in the game.
#6Martyr77Posted 1/22/2012 3:46:09 PM

I hate multiplayer. So lame. Can't wait to play this game though.

#7danyaelzeroPosted 1/23/2012 4:19:14 AM
Any Max is cool with me at this point, as long as it's still coming, lol. Thank you for the info though, I was under the impression that whole game was redone to the classic look.

Martyr, would you be interested in playing the Max mp and also, would you have any interest in playing private matches?
---
---
#8vivalatourPosted 1/23/2012 5:06:54 AM

Max don't need Multi and there has been complaints about Hitman too ?

is'nt Uncharted enough ? enough is enough to infinity !

#9B0vrilPosted 1/23/2012 8:24:39 AM
People shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that the singleplayer suffers because of the development on multiplayer. This isn't true.

And I don't see the harm in adding a multiplayer. I have no real interest in it myself, but Rockstar clearly want to pack their games full of content.

So saying "Max Payne doesn't need a multiplayer" is really neither here nor there.

Max Payne doesn't need a multiplayer like my car doesn't need a stereo.
#10Stoopid_Fool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2012 1:51:35 PM
B0vril posted...
People shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that the singleplayer suffers because of the development on multiplayer. This isn't true.

And I don't see the harm in adding a multiplayer. I have no real interest in it myself, but Rockstar clearly want to pack their games full of content.

So saying "Max Payne doesn't need a multiplayer" is really neither here nor there.

Max Payne doesn't need a multiplayer like my car doesn't need a stereo.

I'm just saying that Max Payne is a singleplayer game that doesn't need multiplayer, if they want to pack it full of content then don't pack it full of mediocre multiplayer content for a singleplayer game. I disagree with "Max Payne doesn't need a multiplayer like my car doesn't need a stereo" because my car does need a stereo.