Don't buy this.

#1Seksii_Gurl_x0Posted 5/8/2012 2:00:47 AM
Wait for the Game of the Year edition which will be half the price of this AND with ALL DLC.

Seriously, this DLC thing is getting disgusting.
---
Officially the Seksii valet for Kakashi_Lawyer
#2Syphon_Filter2Posted 5/8/2012 2:41:41 AM
I will not buy it at first after when I will see the reviews and price drop as well.
#3jeremysixPosted 5/8/2012 2:43:13 AM
Get a job. Have fun waiting.
---
PSN: kingdutch
"Are you gonna do somethin' or just stand there and bleed?"
#4ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/8/2012 3:44:23 AM
No, you should have fun getting half a damn product...I don't care how sheepish anyone is, I love Max Payne but she is right....DLC can burn in hell for all I care, that's why I don't ******* support it by never buying DLC crap in the first place.

I'll take my Vanilla Max Payne 3 and enjoy it.
But as far as DLC goes, I don't need it.
---
"Deathbed, redruM. I like to kill and have some fun."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#5Seksii_Gurl_x0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 3:49:27 AM
jeremysix posted...
Get a job. Have fun waiting.

i go to school and i have a part time job, derp.
---
Officially the Seksii valet for Kakashi_Lawyer
#6IClaudeIPosted 5/8/2012 4:55:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7CanOpener74Posted 5/8/2012 5:56:14 AM
Yeah I work plenty, it's not even about the money. I'll be passing on this due to all the DLC blah blah, plus it's got too many modes and crap it's trying to do. No of them will as solid as they coulda been, forcing some crappy MP for the ADD kids to shoot each over and over while hurling racial and homophobic slurs at each other isn't really my...thing.

Sorry R*, pass.

Bargain bin buy.
---
PSN - Hobadi
#8CanOpener74Posted 5/8/2012 5:59:41 AM
On a side note: IClaudeI is most likely the ADD kid crowd I'm talking about. He convinced mom to get this for him through rigorous dish-washing and trash removing chores but he can still look down on you lowly kids that can't afford it. A true gamer.
---
PSN - Hobadi
#9lionhartwolfPosted 5/8/2012 6:13:27 AM
well school/job discussion aside TC has a point. you will save tons if you wait. its not exactly a new concept but its never wrong. with GOTY editions becoming the new standard in gaming its just way cheaper to wait if you have the patience. maybe TC is a little bold about expressing his/her opinion but its not trolling by any means. also, i can tell you from first hand experience just getting done with the "Fortune Hunters Club" from UC3 that preordering DLC bundles are DEFINITELY not worth it. dont ever spend your money on content yet to be released or announced you'll most likely regret it because by the time you get that last piece of DLC you probably will hear the announcement for the GOTY edition.
#10meboyPosted 5/8/2012 6:27:39 AM
While it is true that a lot of multiplayer modes are tacked on, thoughtless, and clear cash-ins, and while it's also true that a lot of games' DLC's are the same, I wouldn't go so far as to accuse Rockstar of such with this game. They're one of the few developers you can count on to know what they're doing, both on the development side and on the business/marketing side, and they consistently deliver polished products.

I think it would be short-sighted to miss out on what the game has to offer by denying yourself any part of it arbitrarily. It's generally best to adopt a wait and see attitude, and while I do agree that DLC is more often bad than good, this is one of those instances where I don't think it's true. Rockstar has a good history, and while I don't doubt they make DLC because they have to in order to "compete" (increase their game's longevity and guarantee some extra revenue), that doesn't mean what they're making will be bad.

Further, I definitely don't think that (again, in this rare case) the single-player story suffered in the development and implementation of multiplayer. The multiplayer component itself, too, appears to be very well-made and well-employed, and I don't think it will disappoint.

I do think that DLC is getting out of hand, as a concept, and I'm awfully tired of sub-par games coasting on hype or DLC or multiplayer sales. I have little time for games anymore (I guess I'm finally getting "older"), so I want that time to be spent well, on games deserving of my finite energy and patience. I understand your frustration, but I think that in this particular instance, it's maybe misdirected.

I say, get and enjoy Max Payne 3, because I think we can agree that even if it had no other components but singleplayer it would be worth every penny. Maybe check out multiplayer and see if you like it, and if so, check out the DLC down the road -- show Rockstar your love and support, so they're encouraged to keep making quality games in the sea of less-than-stellar titles. And if you don't like the multi or can't stand it, then perhaps give the co-op DLC a fair shake, or even dismiss that too.

But don't just write off the whole game; have a little faith in it, and the company that made it. The same faith that has thus far built your hype and earned your loyalty to a game you haven't played.
---
Oh sure, I'm always down for engaging in some form of murder.