Hope they make a Max Payne 4

#1jmaver1ckPosted 5/18/2012 9:33:05 AM
Just finished this game today, was incredible. Thoroughly enjoyed the story, here's to hoping they make a 4th game within a decent time frame.

Rockstar's killing it with their franchises right now.

GTA series (GTA 5 coming out later this year)
Hopefully a new Red Dead in 2013... maybe we can get Max Payne 4 sometime in 2014?
#2iLoveMyEgoPosted 5/18/2012 9:38:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3jmaver1ck(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 9:51:02 AM
This definitely isn't the end for this series. Especially if early sales are a good indicator of how it sells overall.

I got a different vibe from this game than I did in past Max Payne games. I mean, obviously, it was a complete next-gen overhaul with a huge emphasis placed on story.

But I really feel like they borrowed elements from John McClane (Die Hard), Jack Bauer (24) and Humphrey Bogart in every noir film he's been in, in creating this newer version of Max Payne.

So often while playing this game, I was reminded of the series 24, and I think that's kind of the route they'll take with this series. Something will always end up dragging him back into these kind of messes bc that's just who he has become.
#4SolidMGSnakePosted 5/18/2012 12:39:37 PM(edited)
hah man..After all hes been through so far, I think the ending showed hes pretty much retired. I'd actually feel bad for the guy if he had to deal with anymore crap.
#5Aight_ThenPosted 5/18/2012 1:46:11 PM

Isn't 3 really enough for Max seeing as how he manage to move on? I doubt he stayed in the bodyguard business seeing as how Passos left w/Fabiana's sister.

thanks for the spoilers
#6rufuzmitchellPosted 5/18/2012 2:26:13 PM
Alternatively i'd like R* to buy the rights to Robert Rodriguez' Desperado trilogy and make a game about El Mariachi that plays and looks just like MP3...

But yeah, Max Payne 4 will probably be released on next gen consoles if they decide to make it.
#7GoreGrossPosted 5/18/2012 2:26:25 PM

thanks for the spoilers

Not to be an ass, but you're on a topic discussing a sequel to this game. You should assume you could get spoiled.
---
"whoa man all we are is dust in the wind 'nd stuff" - Iwantedzero
Black FC: 4642 1161 4125
#8viruscarrierxxxPosted 5/18/2012 2:29:08 PM
GoreGross posted...
thanks for the spoilers
Not to be an ass, but you're on a topic discussing a sequel to this game. You should assume you could get spoiled.

Nope, that ain't how it works buddy.
---
Those who would give up Liberty to purchase Safety, deserve neither. http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/aulliax/kitten1.jpg
#9theycallmeslimsPosted 5/18/2012 4:15:11 PM
Max Payne 4 - Set in in Hong Kong

Hell, cast Chow Yun Fat to provide likeness and voice as his "partner"

Hell call it Max Payne meets Tequila for all i care!

(yes i'm a classic John woo/ Chow Yun Fat Fan and yes I know Max Payne is based off the old school action bullet opera so why not bring in the star that started the trend?)
---
5 Billion dollars in the US from just Wing sale's is the same amount of money Bandai makes from all of Gundam put together in Japan. Redzaku
#10riddlebox89Posted 5/18/2012 4:49:06 PM
Aight_Then posted...
Isn't 3 really enough for Max seeing as how he manage to move on? I doubt he stayed in the bodyguard business seeing as how Passos left w/Fabiana's sister.
thanks for the spoilers

Shouldn't have came to a message board for a game you haven't beaten yet then.

Besides, this thread is discussing a sequel to this game, wouldn't it be obvious to anyone with a functional brain that you just might get something spoiled if you looked at it?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.