Ending , Do you think there will be a max payne 4 *Slight spoilers

#1shockwavemattyPosted 5/21/2012 12:46:20 AM
Just wondering on your opinions.

I honestly think there will be , i did not get any feel of closure for max. And him just picking up his bag and walking into the sunset leaves it open for another.

Opinions ?
#2HyperProtomanXPosted 5/21/2012 12:58:40 AM
I guess the possibility of Max Payne 4 depends on how well this one sells.

I didn't feel too much closure for him either, except maybe on getting a handle on the bottle. Then again, the story wasn't all that personal to him like the first two games, and him being able to walk into the sunset isn't very fitting.

Actually, the only ending which I think would fit Max would be one where he died. A tragic end to a tragic hero.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#3shockwavematty(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 1:15:06 AM
The thing is throughout the whole game max talks about himself his problems which i love. Therefore the ending just did not fit imo.
#4Captain_Sexy_TPosted 5/21/2012 1:20:40 AM
There probably will be, but it'll hopefully be a while. R* likes to take their time.

I think the ending was appropriate. The story wasn't all that personal to him, as the other poster said. It was more a way to say that this might lead to fresh beginnings, or he may be doomed to repeat himself, as shown by the bottle. I think it';s supposed to be up to you.
---
PSN: Rectal_Fungi
Join Hardcore Hamburger Time! (BF3, PS3) http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241227623349/
#5todd_360Posted 5/21/2012 2:47:51 AM
I think the ending kinda fit to be honest. The point of this story wasn't about battling some personal enemy or finding answers for himself. He was just trying to do a job and finally move on and let go of his past. Someone in another topic said it best. I forget their name but credit where its due if whoever wrote it reads this.

"He's finally living his life instead of retelling it"

When you look at the ending that way it makes sense it didn't have a narration. Instead of him telling his story in his head he's just living in the moment now and finally not looking back at all his mistakes.
---
PSN ID: todd360
Currently Playing: Max Payne 3, Shift 2: Unleashed
#6HyperProtomanXPosted 5/21/2012 8:33:03 AM

I think the ending kinda fit to be honest. The point of this story wasn't about battling some personal enemy or finding answers for himself. He was just trying to do a job and finally move on and let go of his past. Someone in another topic said it best. I forget their name but credit where its due if whoever wrote it reads this.

"He's finally living his life instead of retelling it"

When you look at the ending that way it makes sense it didn't have a narration. Instead of him telling his story in his head he's just living in the moment now and finally not looking back at all his mistakes.

That's actually a pretty damn good point, I didn't think about that. I was wondering why Max didn't say anything interesting in the final scene of the game, but that's a good explanation why.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#7MajorZeroPosted 5/21/2012 9:37:43 AM
I think so, the way his character progressed from being the old noir like max to the new cynical reflective Max makes me think that Max Payne 3 is a bridge game to a whole new set of games.

Having said that, I wonder what they can possible do with his character and story, I mean they went the man on fire route here...

Actually if they went the Rambo 1 route, that would be awesome! (Rambo 1, not the cheesy sequels)