My only criticism is...

#1thedeparted94Posted 5/21/2012 1:50:33 PM
The cover system sucked hard. The transition from in and out of cover leaves you completely open for a second..followed by some cheap death and expletives..

but other than that i loved it
---
<PSN> britz02
#2jerseykid17Posted 5/21/2012 1:54:07 PM
I think the cover system is supposed to suck on purpose to discourage people from trading fire behind barrels all game rather then running through groups in slow motion guns blazing.

I found I took much less damage when I did the latter.
---
Beast Mode
#3riddlebox89Posted 5/21/2012 2:02:03 PM
Yeah, i think the cover system was just put in there for people to shoot at you, so your bullet time can fill up so you can run out and kill everyone in slowmo like in the first two games.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4runyonavePosted 5/21/2012 2:40:07 PM
MP3 isn't a cover shooter. The cover system is just there so you can fill up your bullet time bar. Similar to Vanquish where you only use cover to cool down the boosters.
---
Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden 3, Bayonetta, God Hand and Vanquish: The greatest games in their respective genres.
#5DrGonzo615Posted 5/21/2012 3:54:11 PM
<p>From: runyonave | #004
MP3 isn't a cover shooter. </p>

uhhhh I beg to differ. You spend a lot of time in cover.

Also yeah I found it pretty weird that even Red Dead had the ability to transfer from cover to cover, but this game doesnt.....its just weird.
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#6MercuryPSPPosted 5/21/2012 3:59:33 PM
DrGonzo615 posted...

Also yeah I found it pretty weird that even Red Dead had the ability to transfer from cover to cover, but this game doesnt.....its just weird.

Take cover, shoot doge towards cover, press square to take cover again.

Transferred.
---
PSN: MercuryEQ
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/MercuryEQ
#7DrGonzo615Posted 5/21/2012 4:03:45 PM
<p>From: MercuryPSP | #006
DrGonzo615 posted...

Take cover, shoot doge towards cover, press square to take cover again.

Transferred.</p>

More like:

take cover, shoot dodge towards cover, stand up awkwardly while desperately pushing the cover button, get shot in the head, restart from checkpoint.

Im not saying that you cant transfer to cover but the game makes it awkward to do so. What I mean is that its not an integrated gameplay mechanic like how it was in Red Dead.
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#8Artemicion82Posted 5/21/2012 4:11:23 PM
Yeah, even though cover is not the main thing it does desperately need to be fixed so if you're getting up off the ground into cover he doesn't fully stand up first, that kind of breaks the flow of moving from cover to cover while bullet-dodging.
#9Kobe_Got_JamPosted 5/21/2012 4:13:49 PM
Yeah, I praise Rockstar for making destructible cover and making most covers deliberately small on purpose. I can still shoot around it if I'm fast enough, shootdodge out of cover, and cover while reloading during a fire fight, but if you try to camp anywhere someone will smack you in the back of the head very soon.

At least it's that way in Free Aim. Soft Lock is camp city.
#10thedeparted94(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 5:45:43 PM
whats more annoying is when you double tap [] really fast and it puts you into cover and snaps you back out so your a sitting duck..
---
<PSN> britz02