Game saves

#1cwyze23Posted 5/27/2012 9:30:05 PM
They don't exist anymore? I did beat the game already i'd just like to play through again without searching for clues and collecting all the gold guns Any help
---
psn: Clock_WyzeBKNY
#2BeefEasterPosted 5/27/2012 9:33:39 PM
I'm not really sure what you're asking

if you want to start a new game then start a new game
#3games_pot1Posted 5/27/2012 10:45:12 PM
You beat it then all you can do is either start a new game or chapter select. Possibly arcade mode, but that seems to be more difficult if all you want to do is collect golden guns.
#4riddlebox89Posted 5/28/2012 1:05:29 AM
Thank trophies for locking game saves to one account.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#5cwyze23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2012 10:08:32 AM
I'm sorry if I wasn't too clear.
Gamefaqs use to have a game saves section, where people use to max out a game(usually beating it on every difficulty, finding all collectables etc.) A user can then use that save data on his or her system to access some bonus stuff.
I did it for MGS4. When I first got it, I collected everything. But then deleted the save after i stopped playing. After a couple of years, I got the itch to start playing again. I didn't want to have to collect everything all over again so I downloaded a save file off of gamefaqs. I don't see that section anymore though... Maybe they took it down?
---
#6brute_strengthPosted 5/28/2012 10:58:51 AM
but...there was nothing forcing you the first time to do the clues or golden guns. Just play through again.
---
U.S.A.F.
#7riddlebox89Posted 5/28/2012 12:29:10 PM
cwyze23 posted...
I'm sorry if I wasn't too clear.
Gamefaqs use to have a game saves section, where people use to max out a game(usually beating it on every difficulty, finding all collectables etc.) A user can then use that save data on his or her system to access some bonus stuff.
I did it for MGS4. When I first got it, I collected everything. But then deleted the save after i stopped playing. After a couple of years, I got the itch to start playing again. I didn't want to have to collect everything all over again so I downloaded a save file off of gamefaqs. I don't see that section anymore though... Maybe they took it down?

No you were clear enough, it's just that you're not understanding something so simple a cave man could understand it.

Game saves are now locked to one account, they will not work on any account but the one they were made on, that's why people stopped uploading saves on here, there's no point if no one can use them.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#8cwyze23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2012 7:43:21 PM
riddlebox89 there is no need to make snide remarks. I didn't notice your initial reply. The 2 people above you seemed confused so I tried to clear myself up. Anyway thanks again for answering my question. I wasn't aware of the change because of the trophies but it makes sense. But on the other hand I've seen game saves available for the 360 community. Shouldn't the achievements on the 360 pose a similar problem as the trophy system?
---
#9Selyna01Posted 5/30/2012 12:58:52 PM
No, for the same reason that X360 users are often able to hack games in ways that PS3 users cannot.
#10cwyze23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 1:34:09 PM
O ok. Thanks. I don't care much for trophies. I prefer to have cheats in games. For me it adds more to the value.
---