Advice For Guard Training

#1Nathaniel ColdFyrePosted 1/6/2010 5:40:45 AM
So, all you folks out there who managed to over 900 hits in the guard training mini-game, how'd you do it? Any advice other than, "Don't get hit?"

---
Oh, how the seasons change/From green to yellow to white!/'Tis a beautiful thing to see/The sun chase out the night! ~JDM
#2Arctic_BlastPosted 1/6/2010 6:00:59 AM
More a test of patience than anything else. The guards make it pretty obvious when they're about to attack with their twirling action, so you just need to pay attention.
#3dragoneyes718Posted 1/6/2010 8:06:49 AM
What do you get??
---
Phantasy Star Zero: Ryan 2364 5772 1461
It's a secret to everybody.
#4Someguy_13Posted 1/6/2010 9:24:05 AM
Guards can hit other guards and it counts to your score.

If you interrupt a guards attack when he redoes it he wont follow you if you run behind him.

One hit at a time.

When a guard is charging the other 2 wont attack. You can go nuts on them as long as you're out of the chargers way.

For the most part only 2 of the guards will attack with the 3rd just throwing in a stab here and there. This gets less true as your score gets higher but it is useful for the first few hundreds.

Stay out of their triangle. Just run around them in circles attacking one with your sword every now and then.

Take breaks. I took a break every 100 hits. Of all the advice I've given you this is the most important.

My high score is 999 hits.
---
Brawl FC: 1633-3855-5205
#5Nathaniel ColdFyre(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2010 6:30:15 PM
Very helpful. Thank you.

---
Oh, how the seasons change/From green to yellow to white!/'Tis a beautiful thing to see/The sun chase out the night! ~JDM
#6flamedtechnoPosted 1/7/2010 6:39:56 PM
It's a simple game of patience and focus.
The only thing that screws me over so much is that damn charge they do. Seriously, I got pwned when I didn't see one of them prepare their attack because they're off-screen.
---
"You're not going mad. I can see them too. You're just as sane as I am."
- Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood
#7Someguy_13Posted 1/7/2010 7:26:39 PM

It's a simple game of patience and focus.
The only thing that screws me over so much is that damn charge they do. Seriously, I got pwned when I didn't see one of them prepare their attack because they're off-screen.

Play with the sound up. The make a kind of click sound before they charge.
---
Brawl FC: 1633-3855-5205