Magic vs Attack vs Balanced

#1FeaRxImMortaLPosted 7/9/2011 8:15:35 AM
Can anyone tell me who is built for what .. having a hard time figuring out what to throw points into and focus (after vit) for certain characters like mimel, sayane, shernini, blah blah ex...

Thanks in advance
#2MerkadesPosted 7/9/2011 3:28:29 PM
These are IMO, I am aware that the guide may specify one thing, but I do not always agree.

Mimel is a Mage. A INT vs C STR. 2.5 EX skills are Mag, .5 are physical. Also Scythes are better for magic boosting. Not yet sure if Amplification also effects the wielder, but regardless she is better set up as a mage.

Sayane is Melee. B on bothINT and STR, but 2.5 ex skills are melee vs .5 being magic. Her will power Anger boost melee damage, her weapons are about even, the Hunter skill I am not sure on, I know melee can crit, but do spells?

Shernini is a Mage. C in STR, B in INT. EX skills are divided, 1.5 each. weapons are about even. Willpowers though, favor magic more. Kill Switch is a melee booster, but Amplification and especially Unleash Magic are magic based. Unleash magic is the main reason she should be more mage oriented.

I am still of the opinion that trying to evenly balance a character between both is str and int is not in your best interests, but some people here think otherwise, you may want to hear their advice before making that decision.
#3EvilOPosted 7/10/2011 5:17:41 AM
I also have a little trouble with deciding. The 3 examples you mentioned, I did all 3 the opposite way lol.
---
PSN: Oezeo
#4KantonosoPosted 7/10/2011 6:23:32 AM
Step 1 of deciding how to build a character: Look at their EX skills.
Step 2 of deciding how to build a character: When Step 1 leaves you confused, look at potentials.
Step 3 of deciding how to build a character : If steps 1 and 2 leave you confused, you need to learn more about the game system.

With one a few exceptions who CAN go either way but lean ever so slightly towards physical (Luana, Lavinia, Tetora) as well as a Sieghart, Leonis, Thoma, Duran, and Rex with Hybrid EX skills, every other character has a very clear and definitive "best" option.

The above list of Mage Mimel, Warrior Sayane, and Mage Shernini = correct. You COULD try to argue a case for physical Shernini, but in the end, Unleash Magic wins out.

- Mimel has 2 pure magic EX skills. Amazingly, she has Unleash All instead of Unleash Magic.

- Sayane has a pure physical EX1 and EX3. Anger is a boost to physical.

- Shernini has unleash magic, and Vireya Thorn's ailments are wonderful.

A few other things I'd like to say while I'm here:

- An absurdly high number of people have tried to tell me that Cal-Vina is a hybrid. He is NOT. His EX skills are pure magic. He also has Unleash Magic. They even argued that I was letting his "special" slots go to waste, conveniently ignoring that almost every mage in the game has them.

- Among the characters you get in Zero from Digest mode, Fyuria and Sherufanir are best as mages, Lavinia is best as a fighter, and Luana could go either way but I prefer her as physical due to accuracy.

- Among the DLC hybrid characters, Sharona and Arbol are best as mages, as is Reverie. Also, don't let their weapon types fool you, Alberti and Fer have pure physical EX skills. As well, beatrice has a hybrid EX1 but pure physical EX2-3.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Soul owned by Record of Agarest War Zero, but I may still be up for Blazblue CS.
Proud to be a new Carl main! Quattro, Anima, Allegretto!
#5EvilOPosted 7/10/2011 6:43:29 AM
What do you suggest I do with the melee slots on mages then? For ex, Alice can equip the "steal" attack line. I forgot the name at the moment. Do you just leave them blank?
---
PSN: Oezeo
#6KantonosoPosted 7/10/2011 6:46:11 AM
They're largely pointless, personally. Vanish Strike would give some of them more range. besides that, just give them the skills they need for Mirage Blast (Trick Hit, Critical Charge,. Shadow Sting) to add more hits to your combos when you don't care about damage.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Soul owned by Record of Agarest War Zero, but I may still be up for Blazblue CS.
#7MerkadesPosted 7/10/2011 8:19:59 AM
I leave special slots on magi empty, to include Mimel, who has ~3500 atk. I don't want them wasting AP on things like that when their spells (~9300 mag) do far more damage. Also, since I treat characters like her as a pure mage, she has an abysmal hit rating.
#8KantonosoPosted 7/10/2011 8:23:10 AM
Yeah, if you use autobattle, strip every skill you don't want the AI using.
---
More topics from this board...
PC version on steam.HighIQ14/13 12:01PM