Boarder Repede is a terrible game.

#1KryptoPyro13Posted 9/16/2012 11:45:32 AM
Whoever made it and thought it was a good idea deserves to be shot.

The controls are terrible and somehow I manage to hit more enemies and poison food than clocks and meat. 0'40" trophy is beyond hope unless you're really good. Too bad it's only worth a bronze. >_>

Managed to get the costumes. Never touching it again... after thelast 3 hours of trying to get the trophy. Guess This game I'll never platinum. :/
---
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
Iwata: "Betrayal that makes the fans happy!"
#2DragoonGriffithPosted 9/16/2012 11:53:11 AM
I feel your pain.

Managed to get them all yesterday, but I share your sentiments about never wanting to play snowboarding again. Or at least not for a lengthy amount of time...
---
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), RDR, Wild ARMs 2, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
#3EgHeadFoolPosted 9/16/2012 2:45:02 PM
The times required are really lenient. I've shattered some by like 10+ seconds.

Yes, it takes a while to adapt to the controls. Once you accept that you're playing under this control scheme and actually learn to take advantage of it though, it's pretty easy. Kind of like people hating on the original Resident Evil games.
#4kernPosted 9/17/2012 4:35:01 AM
I've only played it a bit, but I just can't get used to the controls -- it seems like no matter how I do it, repede just goes flying all over the place. I can't even get the costume time for the 1st route, let alone the 40 seconds.
---
Cincinnati Bengals: 1-1
#5KryptoPyro13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 11:02:55 AM
Yeah, I tried letting go of O and tilting gently, but it seems it's either "move by 2 inches" or "spin out and into a wall"... :/

Y'all can try to see if that helps... My best time was 0'46" on the first one which isn't too far off I guess, but I got the clocks at the end, so that means no spinning out and hitting more clocks to get the trophy. :X
---
#6EgHeadFoolPosted 9/17/2012 11:50:34 AM
It was a while ago for me but I distinctly remember you don't have to be flying down the slope at max speed continuously. If slowing down a bit helps you line up with some clocks or take a turn better, do it. You can race a ghost of your previous run so it's easy to tell where you're doing better or worse. Also, braking while turning can be your friend.
#7Pereb27Posted 9/17/2012 11:58:04 AM
Just keep at it. I repeated the first level for an hour or so and got 29 seconds. It's not THAT hard.
#8kernPosted 9/21/2012 4:01:01 AM(edited)
I hate the game more and more the more I play it -- if I weren't such a completionist I would just skip it entirely...maybe if it were only that 40 second trophy I could skip it but I can't give up Item Collector and Title Complete also.

One problem is that I don't understand the jump areas; 80% of the time I hit the jump button when I think I'm in one, Repede just does a normal jump. So those basically don't exist for me. I have to accept that several times per course I'm going to lose control over Repede. Basically the result is that I can get the times, but I have to do the entire course flawlessly -- one monster hit or fall is a loss. This obviously turns it into an extremely frustrating "game".

(40 seconds on course 1 is impossible with this, though.)

---
Cincinnati Bengals: 1-1
#9Pereb27Posted 9/21/2012 5:10:56 AM
kern posted...
I hate the game more and more the more I play it -- if I weren't such a completionist I would just skip it entirely...maybe if it were only that 40 second trophy I could skip it but I can't give up Item Collector and Title Complete also.

One problem is that I don't understand the jump areas; 80% of the time I hit the jump button when I think I'm in one, Repede just does a normal jump. So those basically don't exist for me. I have to accept that several times per course I'm going to lose control over Repede. Basically the result is that I can get the times, but I have to do the entire course flawlessly -- one monster hit or fall is a loss. This obviously turns it into an extremely frustrating "game".

(40 seconds on course 1 is impossible with this, though.)

I've had that jump issue too, you need to jump a little earlier than you actually do, like, right at the moment you enter the red square (you also must be aligned with the watches when you jump or you'll miss them.
#10KryptoPyro13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 7:06:29 AM
The costume times aren't too bad. They're actually pretty lenient. Just don't get hit or lose your board. On one of the courses, I actually ran to the finish line after losing my board and made it by 1 second... lol

But the 0'40" one, yeah... I don't think you get any items in any case.
---