Which look do you like best? (SPOILERS)

#1ArchicaPosted 3/7/2012 4:35:04 PM
Which look do you prefer? The characters' original looks with the Japanese clothing or the new looks they get later in the game, with the Western-style clothes and the haircuts?

Who do you think got the best "make over" with the new looks?

And also, does anyone know if the real Shinsengumi ever actually started wearing Western-style clothing? I know that at some point Hijikata wore them (see his Wikipedia entry), but I don't know if the Shinsengumi, as a group, ever wore them.

As for me, I thought they all looked great in both styles, but I had a slight preference for the Western-style clothes and especially for the new haircuts some of them got.

I liked Heisuke's new look the best. To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to him until I saw him with his hair cut and it was enough to make me decide to do his route next (the second one I did). I liked Saito's as well (and was so amused by him buttoning his clothes wrong and getting all embarrassed).
#2bubobaPosted 3/7/2012 7:46:42 PM

I think they all look better in western-style clothes, especially Heisuke.

#3DyGenGuarPosted 3/7/2012 8:12:36 PM
I think I prefer the Western look for nearly every character (Especially Heisuke's, as stated already). The only one I didn't like that much is Chikage's Western get-up. The Japanese clothing fits his character a lot better, imo.
---
Strike with Soul and Sword
#4Sakura_Rose91Posted 3/7/2012 9:27:55 PM
I like both looks but the western outfits... I was like Damn that's hot and Saito screwing up the buttons and blushing when it was pointed out to him was the cherry on top of the whole thing. For me anyway.
#5lilin08Posted 3/8/2012 12:27:22 AM
For me

Looks good on both Western and Japanese outfits:
Hijikata
Saitou
Okita
Sannan

Looks good on a specific outfit
Heisuke (Western outfit)
Harada (Western outfit)
Kazama (Japanese outfit)

Neutral
Nagakura ( He looks the same for me.)

Too bad Yamazaki don't have a western outfit. I would like to see him wear one. *_*

@Archica: Based on other resources I've searched, they did wear them. But the only one I saw wearing it was Hijikata since we don't have any pictures (aside from his) that was preserve. But I heard that the real Shinpachi Nagakura wrote a memoir reminiscing his days during the Bakumatsu era. I don't know if he mentions anything about wearing them though.
#6SyberiaWinxPosted 3/8/2012 3:57:24 AM
Do we ever get a better view of the protagonist's Western clothes? Seems like she only wears them in Kazama's path, and I've only seen them in one CG.

I love Hijikata's new look the best. He makes me think of Edgeworth in those clothes.O_o And both have similar personalities and a "Demon" nickname...
---
http://ruleoftherose.proboards104.com/index.cgi -The best and largest Rule of Rose forum out there!^^
#7lilin08Posted 3/8/2012 6:16:41 AM
SyberiaWinx posted...
Do we ever get a better view of the protagonist's Western clothes? Seems like she only wears them in Kazama's path, and I've only seen them in one CG.

I love Hijikata's new look the best. He makes me think of Edgeworth in those clothes.O_o And both have similar personalities and a "Demon" nickname...

I remember that the official website of the game have a fankit for download. It compose of the individual images of the characters with both the Japanese and Western clothing.

Now that you mention it He does look at lot like Edgeworth. One of my favorite characters in the Aca Attorney franchise. :3
#8snakey24Posted 3/8/2012 6:24:16 AM
I loved all their get ups aside for Heisuke's Jap Version.
But my favorites
Japanese Get up:
Harada
Saito
Kazama
Okita

Wester get Up:
All of em
Kazama does look better with his Japanese get up though.

And, Edgeworth mention was quite worthy.
#9LesuniaPosted 3/8/2012 8:32:33 AM
I can't choose which design I like best, because it really depends. So...

Souji / Saito: Both.

Toshi: I love his long hair ; .; but in his western-style he looks good too (and with his short hair he does remind me a bit of Sebastian from Kuro... not that this is bad) I'm surprised that I didn't think of Edgeworth (he is a favorite of mine <3) but now... I see it.. and like.

Sano / Heisuke: The western-style, so much. Sano looks with his short hair better and Heisuke.... I always liked his personality but his looks.... urgh... but when he got his western clothes and haircut... <3! He should have cut his hair sooner!

Kazama: Japanese clothes. I think it suits him and fits his character more.

Shinpachi: Not so much of a difference~
#10Suwa-kunPosted 3/8/2012 9:02:53 AM
Saito,hands down,is best looking in the western outfit,not to mention with few modifications,i can honestly picture him rocking it,and looking damn good at it,in this era.
---
hope -look up when i walk- ~ Lia x Jun Maeda x bermei.inazawa~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNes0sm8h6Q