From an old silent hill fan: Origins or Shattered Memories?

#1MostastelesS 56Posted 1/22/2010 11:51:51 PM
Hello, I am an old school SH fan but I stopped caring about the series when The Room came out. I just got a PSP, and am interested in getting one of these games, and was wondering which one you would recommend. Ive played SH1 to death, but that was years ago on ps1. suggestions?
---
if you want to fool the world, tell the truth
#2MostastelesS 56(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2010 11:53:42 PM
also, I should mention that the prospect of no combat does not bother me at all, in fact, it kind of intrigues me.
---
#3biohazard67Posted 1/22/2010 11:57:26 PM
This game is very good on the psp especially the graphics,it is pushing the psp to its limits with minimal load times and dynamic shadows. Personally I think it is better than silent hill 4 and origins. Origins can be boring at times. But shattered memories has a very good story and better endings than other SH games.
#4Maynard_LawaPosted 1/23/2010 12:14:10 AM
I would suggest Shattered Memories because it is different and new!
#5Flamer_BluePosted 1/23/2010 12:42:40 AM
I've played both and liked Origins better.

Shattered Memories is too linear, doesn't let you explore, and the escaping parts feel extremely forced. Also, the mementos are useless because they don't contribute anything to the gameplay.
---
Live&PSO nickname: Malakius
#6MostastelesS 56(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2010 1:24:34 AM
Thanks. I am leaning towards SM now. I've done my research, but I'm just wondering if SM offers anything new, story-wise, or are there no real surprises if Ive already played sh1?
---
#799enbanditPosted 1/23/2010 2:55:59 AM
I just beat Shattered Memories. I would say that Origins is far better. This has an interesting story, but It is too linear and really isn't scary at all.

If you can get both, do it. If you can only get one, I would recommend origins.
---
"They have a world to win."
#8biohazard67Posted 1/23/2010 3:22:11 AM
Shattered memories have a completely redone storyline and is nowhere near SH1, except the concept of a father finding his daughter. Also, according to how the player controls harry certain things in the game will change, like conversations and environment. There are plenty of twists in this game according to how you play, especially the endings.
#9LtRickGreyPosted 1/23/2010 3:25:58 AM
Ok heres the thing. Sh:Sm is a great game, but its all story driven. Very amazing sl (for me) and i loved the presentation. It get's back to the feel of silent hill. This... crazy hopeless you've no idea whats going on style.

Sh:O has my favorite character, but in order to fully understand Travis' character theres alot of papers to read and understand. Also helps to get the bad ending. As for which game? Both are great in their own right so... price is right i guess. Which psp do you have? Could always buy Origins for real cheap umd and download or purchase SM seeing as how its the same price either way.
#10LtRickGreyPosted 1/23/2010 3:27:20 AM
Ack sorry for the double post, forgot to mention that Travis can acctually attack with just his fists, and yes, shattered memories does adjust the game itself to how you play. Word to the wise, don't play shattered memories thinking your playing silent hill one. It's its own game.