Please be better than Homecoming!

#1earvcunananPosted 4/6/2009 10:51:25 AM
Also: first topic!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/earvcunanan
Playing soon: Cross Edge, Sacred 2, Godfather II, Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, C&C: RA3
#2Hustler NinePosted 4/6/2009 11:54:53 AM
I hope so. SH1 is still my favourite, but I don't think it can be beaten. It was made by Team Silent. Well at least the gameplay will be different and sounds good.
Wait and see and I'll buy the PS2 version.

---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#3TabrisMacbethPosted 4/6/2009 12:05:51 PM
Assuming this isn't an April Fools joke (and sadly, there's less and less proof of that), mark my words, this is going to suck harder than suckling pig! Let's count the sucking ways:

-Team Silent, once again, has nothing to do with it. I don't trust anyone but Team Silent to make a proper Silent Hill game, and it's not like Climax or Foundation 9 changed my mind at all.

-Speaking of Climax, who made the completely unnecessary Silent Hill: Origins, they're supposedly making this. Origins wasn't nearly as God awful as Homecoming, but it's more bland fanfiction than a real Silent Hill game.

-The developement team doesn't seem to know what they're talking about. They said it's "not a remake or a port", even though it is very obviously a remake. They throw around all these words like "twisted" and "reimagining", and I can't help but think of that episode of The Simpsons when they had that brainstorming session that produced Poochie.

-It's being ported to the Playstation 2, which has gone from dying system to mini shovelware landfill.

-All areas will be accessible. Yeah, because you NEED to visit every empty house you see.

-The way the story is told will depend on how players play the game. Hey, didn't they say that about Homecoming?

-Combat has been entirely removed from the game in favor of evading monsters. Also, this game will be very psychological, like Silent Hill 2. That was a very psychological game. It was full of psychology and stuff.
...Do I sound smart yet?

-The Wii Remote will play a large role in puzzle solving...even though it's also being ported to the Playstation 2 and PSP. Like I said, the developement team doesn't seem to know what they're talking about.

-Tabris
#4UniversquallPosted 4/6/2009 12:24:04 PM
-All areas will be accessible. Yeah, because you NEED to visit every empty house you see.
I really do
And if it's got a gimicky control thing that needs to be used they can just throw in a pack-in controller. Like they probably do with their dancing games.
---
Red Velvet Orange Crush
#5darkSIDEechoesPosted 4/6/2009 2:32:54 PM

All combat has been removed? All areas accessible?

Almost seems like a joke...

#6Arkane DenialPosted 4/6/2009 2:54:32 PM
I'll buy this but I really doubt this one to be better than the original.

---
Barry Burton reaching encore stage in V5:
It's BLUE FOREST! Oh..My..God!
#7BoyLover XPosted 4/6/2009 6:11:24 PM
Homecoming was great, it'll be hard to top it.
---
PSN Name: NoThanksBro
C4blows is a very smart man. RE5 is a rehash, and Dead Space is true survival-horror done right. (but REmake is better)
#8topgamer101Posted 4/6/2009 9:25:26 PM
Seeing as I'm not a screaming fanboy, this title has peaked my interest, but I can't form an opinion on basic information.

SH2 so far is my favorite, even if you could slaughter everything in your wake...

SH3 was good, but too much running for my taste.

SH4.........

Origins was decent. Nothing earth shattering.

Homecoming was an interesting attempt, but I think it focus a little too much on combat specials and the over the shoulder thing is "meh" at best.

Given my tastes, this title could end up interesting or terrible to me. We shall see.
---
"Sex is a state of mind, my friend. For example, right now, you and I are having conversational intercourse. And I'm on top." -SharperKnives
#9LerdothoughtPosted 4/7/2009 10:52:16 AM
Man,so many Silent Hill fans think that part 2 was da best,i love SH series,but for me part 2 was by far the worst SH,i have more fun with part 4 and i really don't understand why so many dislike Origins.
I think Climax made a nice job,and in my humble opinion it's good news that the company will make Shattered...
#10Modest_ModsoulPosted 4/7/2009 11:39:22 AM
It's being ported to the Playstation 2, which has gone from dying system to mini shovelware landfill.

PLAYSTATION 2 FOR THE WIN!
---
I'm not happy......... But I'm not sad either.