Help identifying and finding old Silent Hill 4 promo T-shirt? (SH2 SPOILERS)

#1The SlyderPosted 8/26/2009 11:59:27 PM
Some time ago, before SH: The Room was released, someone on the GameFAQs board posted an image that he had gotten from a SH4 promo t-shirt. I really liked the image but it's almost as if I'm the only person who's ever seen it. Silent Hill websites and galleries, as well as Google, yield no results for this image.

I was young, and at the time I wasn't a digital hoarder, so I don't have the original image he posted. I do, however, have a wallpaper that I made using the image in Photoshop. The original image was a low resolution scan of the t-shirt. It was black & white (No grain or blur filters), and because of the low resolution it lost a lot of details due to me trying to clean it up.

Looking back I REALLY regret not keeping the original image, but at least I still have this.

WARNING. Image contains what some may consider spoilers for one of the SH2 endings.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/TheSlyder/Artwork/JamesSH4.jpg

Does anyone have more information on the source of the image? I'd love to hunt it down and get a higher quality version of it.
---
Currently not giving a **** about: Whatever you're currently playing/reading/watching/listening to.
#2Ninja_GaignunPosted 8/27/2009 1:30:35 PM
Thats the first I'v ever seen of it, but I dont see any connection between the image and Silent Hill 2, other than a similer face.
---
I eat baby monkeys.
#3alucard187Posted 8/28/2009 1:36:04 AM
That's not James it's just one of the ghosts.

I seen this pic online not too long ago and indeed it was from a SH4 promo shirt and IIRC it was official. I wish I could find it but even Lost releases dosen't have it listed.

Gah this is going to bother the crap outta me, I'll get back to you if i find anything!

---
BLAZBLUE ARAKUNE MAINER, bees and insex given free
PSN: Mr_Greed
#4The Slyder(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2009 2:43:01 AM
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4825/1251363037905.jpg

Someone on another site was kind enough to at least post a higher resolution, original version.

As for whether or not it's James, I have no doubt that it is. Look at that face. They aren't any other victims in the game that it could be.

It could be that they just used James' model and whipped it up to be used for the image, not intending on it actually BEING James canonically, but I have no doubt that the face is that of James.
---
Currently not giving a **** about: Whatever you're currently playing/reading/watching/listening to.
#5gecko_man2Posted 9/1/2009 6:29:22 PM
How exactly is that a spoiler for 2
---
Monterey Pop 67' Thats when living started.
(See Quote)
#6CloakePosted 9/2/2009 5:08:12 PM
Because if the ghost is James, that means he died.
---
If I leaped / I would plunge / over the pinetops / into / the deepest sea
-A. R. Ammons, "Blue Skies"
#7gecko_man2Posted 9/2/2009 11:22:21 PM
True, but i think only walters victims turned into ghosts, because it was his world. I think someone just got lazy...or wanted to attract old fans.
---
(See Quote)
#8CloakePosted 9/2/2009 11:25:56 PM
I'm not saying there is actually a connection, but James does die in one of the endings, so it's a potential spoiler for anyone who hasn't finished Silent Hill 2 (and shame on them--what the hell are they waiting for?).
---
If I leaped / I would plunge / over the pinetops / into / the deepest sea
-A. R. Ammons, "Blue Skies"
#9gecko_man2Posted 9/3/2009 8:39:53 PM
ok, i see what you meen.
---
(See Quote)
#10EverDownwardPosted 9/14/2009 11:54:39 AM
Slyder, didn't you have this same topic up a while back?
---
Proud member of the DDA
http://i42.tinypic.com/28clvzc.jpg