Tree of Wisdom FAQ

#1ShaidonPosted 5/14/2009 2:04:06 PM
For who ever is interested, here is my Tree of Wisdom mini-FAQ:
http://shaidon.webs.com/PvZ_treeofwisdom.txt

If you want to know my history with the gfaqs, keep reading...
This was me 5th and 6th time trying to send something to gfaqs since I became a member. From FAQs for a short hentai game, to codes and cheats to another games.
But this time I saw the Contribute page. First got rejected because "Far Over Margin (80 characters wide)", ok, reformated, besides even Notepad can auto break margin, I see no point in this rule. Remind me of the time there wasn't computers and you have to break yourself the margins in the typewriters. =P
Then I send again with one of the lines "82 characters wide". I have notepad, wordpad and word. Even open it in Excel, it didn't point the exact numered line. So I just take my chances by change what seems to be the line.
OK, sent it again and waited 24 hours. And what I see now? "Lack_of_Content". Rejected again! Seriously? How much info do I need to make about the Tree of Wisdom that is just a short part for a SHORT game! I didn't saw information like, how many word I must add to make a mini-FAQ!
LOL! ROFL! WTF! ROFLcopter! I know that gfaqs is the only site with these nonsense rules that they keep dragging for years without question it.
Whatever. I did something for the other, why should I share it? I'm not a attention hog like some kids.

Here is my mini-FAQ to who ever need it, want it.
Enjoy! =)

p.s.: won't try to contribute again. It seem that I have some odds with gfaqs, so be it!

---
Evil, PURE AND SIMPLE of the 8th Dimension!
#2jRyemanPosted 5/14/2009 2:29:35 PM
Amazing FAQ
#3kyoboyPosted 5/14/2009 5:08:14 PM
You read the Contribution Documentation yet? It does say that files with less than 10k rarely get posted, so that may barely be the case here.
Even if that's a problem I encountered once, I do see a point in not allowing short FAQs; there's supposed to be FAQs here, not telegrams (no offense to you).
#4Shaidon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2009 5:41:25 PM
there's supposed to be FAQs here
Offense taken. My mini-FAQ have 11Kb.
Go ahead then, and write a FAQ about the Tree of Wisdom that don't have ASCII artwork, and don't look like a telegram.
I can do that, but will just add a bunch of words only to increase the size.

---
Evil, PURE AND SIMPLE of the 8th Dimension!
#5plyr_hatrPosted 5/14/2009 6:51:47 PM
there are already trainers for this game. takes away the fun but kinda nice after you complete mostly everything
---
I see that your schwartz is as big as mine...
#6kyoboyPosted 5/14/2009 11:46:21 PM
Offense taken. My mini-FAQ have 11Kb.
Go ahead then, and write a FAQ about the Tree of Wisdom that don't have ASCII artwork, and don't look like a telegram.

Sorry if I offended you.
What I meant is, if you want to write a FAQ about the Wisdom Tree, you'd want to add useful strategies to make money fast and develop it, or maybe the best choice, merge it into a Zen Garden FAQ to talk about the process of raising plants and making money with them, that being something that many people ask about.
#7VeiledGenesisPosted 5/16/2009 1:30:55 PM
Perhaps cleaning up the grammar and spelling would help your FAQ.
---
Too much blood in the alcohol stream.
#8snoocetePosted 5/16/2009 6:25:26 PM

But this time I saw the Contribute page. First got rejected because "Far Over Margin (80 characters wide)", ok, reformated, besides even Notepad can auto break margin, I see no point in this rule. Remind me of the time there wasn't computers and you have to break yourself the margins in the typewriters. =P

Most people who visit the site view the FAQs on their browser.

And browsers don't do word wrap on text files, so it'll extend past the border and result in a horizontal scroll bar.

Oh, and nearly a fourth of your FAQ is made up of ASCII art. You still have less than 10k of actual content.
---
Hentai? I didn't ask for hentai. I asked for anime, you moron.
*clicks and downloads* - Hayato118
#9RanmaRanmaPosted 5/16/2009 10:20:12 PM
Thanks for this.
---
"Save your tears for the day when our pain is far behind. On your feet. Come with me. We are soldiers. Stand or die."
#10che77Posted 5/17/2009 10:43:14 AM
Make the mini faq as a few posts in this forum, if its really that good it will get stickied.