Tree of Wisdom FAQ

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs. Zombies
  3. Tree of Wisdom FAQ
6 years ago#1
For who ever is interested, here is my Tree of Wisdom mini-FAQ:
http://shaidon.webs.com/PvZ_treeofwisdom.txt

If you want to know my history with the gfaqs, keep reading...
This was me 5th and 6th time trying to send something to gfaqs since I became a member. From FAQs for a short hentai game, to codes and cheats to another games.
But this time I saw the Contribute page. First got rejected because "Far Over Margin (80 characters wide)", ok, reformated, besides even Notepad can auto break margin, I see no point in this rule. Remind me of the time there wasn't computers and you have to break yourself the margins in the typewriters. =P
Then I send again with one of the lines "82 characters wide". I have notepad, wordpad and word. Even open it in Excel, it didn't point the exact numered line. So I just take my chances by change what seems to be the line.
OK, sent it again and waited 24 hours. And what I see now? "Lack_of_Content". Rejected again! Seriously? How much info do I need to make about the Tree of Wisdom that is just a short part for a SHORT game! I didn't saw information like, how many word I must add to make a mini-FAQ!
LOL! ROFL! WTF! ROFLcopter! I know that gfaqs is the only site with these nonsense rules that they keep dragging for years without question it.
Whatever. I did something for the other, why should I share it? I'm not a attention hog like some kids.

Here is my mini-FAQ to who ever need it, want it.
Enjoy! =)

p.s.: won't try to contribute again. It seem that I have some odds with gfaqs, so be it!

---
Evil, PURE AND SIMPLE of the 8th Dimension!
6 years ago#2
Amazing FAQ
6 years ago#3
You read the Contribution Documentation yet? It does say that files with less than 10k rarely get posted, so that may barely be the case here.
Even if that's a problem I encountered once, I do see a point in not allowing short FAQs; there's supposed to be FAQs here, not telegrams (no offense to you).
6 years ago#4
there's supposed to be FAQs here
Offense taken. My mini-FAQ have 11Kb.
Go ahead then, and write a FAQ about the Tree of Wisdom that don't have ASCII artwork, and don't look like a telegram.
I can do that, but will just add a bunch of words only to increase the size.

---
Evil, PURE AND SIMPLE of the 8th Dimension!
6 years ago#5
there are already trainers for this game. takes away the fun but kinda nice after you complete mostly everything
---
I see that your schwartz is as big as mine...
6 years ago#6
Offense taken. My mini-FAQ have 11Kb.
Go ahead then, and write a FAQ about the Tree of Wisdom that don't have ASCII artwork, and don't look like a telegram.

Sorry if I offended you.
What I meant is, if you want to write a FAQ about the Wisdom Tree, you'd want to add useful strategies to make money fast and develop it, or maybe the best choice, merge it into a Zen Garden FAQ to talk about the process of raising plants and making money with them, that being something that many people ask about.
6 years ago#7
Perhaps cleaning up the grammar and spelling would help your FAQ.
---
Too much blood in the alcohol stream.
6 years ago#8

But this time I saw the Contribute page. First got rejected because "Far Over Margin (80 characters wide)", ok, reformated, besides even Notepad can auto break margin, I see no point in this rule. Remind me of the time there wasn't computers and you have to break yourself the margins in the typewriters. =P

Most people who visit the site view the FAQs on their browser.

And browsers don't do word wrap on text files, so it'll extend past the border and result in a horizontal scroll bar.

Oh, and nearly a fourth of your FAQ is made up of ASCII art. You still have less than 10k of actual content.
---
Hentai? I didn't ask for hentai. I asked for anime, you moron.
*clicks and downloads* - Hayato118
6 years ago#9
Thanks for this.
---
"Save your tears for the day when our pain is far behind. On your feet. Come with me. We are soldiers. Stand or die."
6 years ago#10
Make the mini faq as a few posts in this forum, if its really that good it will get stickied.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs. Zombies
  3. Tree of Wisdom FAQ

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived