Item Morale

#1fnord3125Posted 1/13/2010 5:36:57 PM
What's the deal with items that have a morale rating? I have a few of them, but I'm not actually using any of them partially because I just don't understand what it means. What effect does an item have a good or bad morale have on anything?
#2mdk2000Posted 1/13/2010 6:14:04 PM
Once the item's morale goes to bad the benefits of the item is lost until you suppress it. Its a good way of getting EXP too provided you are at a adequate level to take on the item's guards/gremlins.
#3St0rmFuryPosted 1/13/2010 6:29:26 PM
These are called "living items" which may one day decide to just say "screw you" depending on your actions and flat out refuse to listen to you. You have to give them a good spanking in order to get them to listen to you again.

Problem is no one knows what affects their morale unless you consult a guide, which I will gladly provide.

XI. LIVING ITEMS INFO.

The living items in this game behave the same way as they did in KBTL. In certain occasions, their morale improves. In others, their morale increases. Having this knowledge in advance is very, very important, as you can plan your battle equipment and have it suit you much longer without any item going out of control. An item going out of control is a major problem in the early game, especially on the higher difficulties, where suppressing it may result in serious losses (or it may even be impossible).

In this post I will simply give the info what increases or decreases the morale. I will not go in-depth on the item properties or stats. You can easily view them in-game.

1. Jackboots.
Basic morale: 80 After suppression: 90 Increases: never Decreases: -5 after each battle

2. Bracers of Rage
Basic morale: 100 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -1 to -4 after each battle (random)

3. Ogre's Club
Basic morale: 45 After suppression: 50 Increases: never Decreases: -2 after each battle

4. Diplomat's Sign.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 50 Increases: never Decreases: to 0 when used (goes out of control)

5. Arianna's Ring (Anga's Ruby)
Basic morale: 20 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: from 0 to -5 after each battle

6. Royal Snake's Ring (upgrade from Snake ring)
Basic morale: 20 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -10 if there were snakes in the enemy army

7. The Virgin's Ring
Basic morale: 100 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: from -1 to -5 after each battle

8. King's Hammer
Basic morale: 100 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -7 if there were dwarves in the enemy army

9. Elven Crown
Basic morale: 30 After suppression: 100 Increases: +1 after each battle Decreases: -8 if there were elves in the enemy army, -4 if there were undead in your army

10. Bloodsucker sword.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -1 after each battle

11. Bow of the Thousand Souls.
Basic morale: 20 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -2 after each battle

12. Wizard's Mantle.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 50 Increases: +30 for 6 magic crystals Decreases: according to the formula -ClassK*IntK, where:
ClassK - factor based on the hero class: 1 Mage/2 Paladin/3 Warrior
IntK - factor based on the current intellect: 3 (Int<10), 2 (Int between 10 and 20), 1 (Int 20 or more).

13. Mask of Hate.
Basic morale: 30 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: from -3 to -7 after each battle

14. Undertaker's mask.
Basic morale: 1 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -1 after each battle
---
"Average Joe" is a trolling term since it's completely an opinion. "Overachieving" is also an opinion.
- SBAllen
#4St0rmFuryPosted 1/13/2010 6:29:37 PM
15. Inquisitor's Sword.
Basic morale: 10 After suppression: 100 Increases: +1 after each battle; +2 if there were undead in the enemy army Decreases: -4 if there were humans or elves in the enemy army, -3 if there were warriors of the light (Inquisitors, Paladins)

16. Sword of Balance.
Basic morale: 50 Increases: +5 if there were demons or undead in the enemy army Decreases: -5 if there were humans or elves in the enemy army
Special: when morale reaches 100, it turns into Sword of Light. when it reaches 0, it turns into Sword of Dark.

17. Sword of Light.
Basic morale: 50 Increases: +5 if there were demons or undead in the enemy army; +2 if there were humans or elves in your army Decreases: -5 if there were humans or elves in the enemy army; -2 if there were demons or undead in your army
Special: when morale reaches 0, it turns into Sword of Balance.

18. Sword of Dark.
Basic morale: 50 Increases: +5 if there were humans or elves in the enemy army; +2 if there were undead or demons in your army Decreases: -5 if there were undead or demons in the enemy army; -2 if there were humans or elves in your army.
Special: when morale reaches 0 it turns into Sword of Balance.

19. Dragon Slayer Sword.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 50 Increases: +9 if there were dragons in the enemy army Decreases: -5 after each battle

20. Crown of Blackthorn.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 50 Increases: +2 after each battle Decreases: -22 if there were thorns in the enemy army

21. Hunter's Boots.
Basic morale: 100 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: from -1 to -4 after each battle

22. Steam Armor.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -5 after each battle

23. Ring of Power.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: from -1 to -5 after each battle

24. Fairy's dress.
Basic morale: 100 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: from -1 to -3 after each battle

25. Archmage's Staff.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -5 if there were Archmagi in your army.

26. Staff of Insanity.
Basic morale: 20 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: from -1 to -4 after each battle

27. Staff of the Great Druid.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -1 after each battle; -3 of there were animals in the enemy army

28. The Hand of Necropolis.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 100 Increases: +1 of there were humans, elves or dwarves in the enemy army Decreases: -1 after each battle

29. Silver horn.
Basic morale: 100 After suppression: 100 Increases: +2 if there we dwarves in the enemy army Decreases: -5 after each battle; -5 if there were elves in the enemy army

30. Shaman's Skull.
Basic morale: 5 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -1 after each battle

31. Black Helm.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: -2 after each battle

32. Paladin shield.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 100 Increases: +1 after each battle; +1 if there were demons in the enemy army; +2 if there were undead in the enemy army Decreases: -5 if there were demons in your army; -8 if there were undead in your army.

33. Demon's Tongue.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 100 Increases: never Decreases: from -1 to -3 after each battle
---
"Average Joe" is a trolling term since it's completely an opinion. "Overachieving" is also an opinion.
- SBAllen
#5St0rmFuryPosted 1/13/2010 6:32:42 PM
Right... forgot to credit.

DGDobrev from http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10991
---
- SBAllen
#6fnord3125(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2010 6:45:44 PM
Wow that's very thorough, thank you. :) And actually, I just realized I was wrong. I was using one of those items. I was using the Bow of a Thousand Souls, and I just had to suppress it which, due to the fact that I'm currently playing on Easy and I'm about level 50, was a piece of cake. I'd forgotten I was using it until a message popped up saying the bow was pissed at me.

So just to double check, the items function as normal until their morale hits 0 and they need to be suppressed, correct? Or do their bonuses disappear at some point before that?
#7St0rmFuryPosted 1/13/2010 10:37:30 PM
If their morale reaches 0 then whatever benefits you get from them are nullified. I found out the hard way when my inquisitor's blade got pissed and I couldn't control my inquisitors and paladins because I lost the -20% leadership requirement ability from the blade.
---
- SBAllen