This came out fast... so I assume its 360 led?

#1DK DeathKnightPosted 4/21/2009 4:01:13 PM
I mean, these guys have just finished Star Ocean, now unless Tri Ace have been working on this for some time alongside Star Ocean. If they thought of its concepts before SO's release or after, and it is coming out in Q4 09 in Japan, thats a pretty short timespan. I would assume that they are making it for 360 as the lead platform since I guess they have the most experience on it, it can be done more quickly and just port it over to the PS3? If true, I dont like the PS3 chances of not getting another half assed port -_-.
---
PSN: SkyDivider (new one, add me! I need some PSN friends)
Playing: Eternal Sonata, FF7, Mana Khemia, Demon Souls, Phantasy Star Portable, Killzone 2.
#2bodrockPosted 4/21/2009 9:01:19 PM
....good call. I'm curious and will get the version that is more "optimized".

---
GAME-ON://VALKYRIA.CHRONICLES/AVALON.CODE/
#3LordArcadioPosted 4/21/2009 9:13:50 PM
Its most probable that the 360 is the lead platform given that tri-Ace's game engine was originally made for the 360 and they have more experience with it. And the more optimized version tends to be the version released on the lead platform. We'll have to see if there are any disc-switching shenanigans but if there isn't any, then the safe version for people with both consoles is the 360 version. It probably won't matter though. With other multi-platform games that have the 360 as the lead platform, the 360 version just looks slightly better if you're comparing them side-by-side and its performance is slightly better. This isn't Square-Enix that can't seem to figure out how to port TLR to the PS3, lol.

---
"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." -Adam Smith
CQ
#4bodrockPosted 4/21/2009 9:16:44 PM
Here's the thing -- I prefer the PS3's hardware, but I want the "better" version of the game, I guess. If the difference is negligible, though, I may pick this up for PS3, even if the X360 is the lead platform.

---
GAME-ON://VALKYRIA.CHRONICLES/AVALON.CODE/
#5LordArcadioPosted 4/21/2009 9:25:01 PM
Its probably negligible but I'm basing this off of multi-platform games that were made by companies that have experience with doing multi-platform on release. tri-Ace has zero experience with that. Hell, the only time they ever released more than one version of a game was when they had to fix a game that was unplayable(SO3) and they released that on the same system so they basically fixed bugs and added stuff. This will be their first time doing something like this so I guess there is reasonable cause for concern. Just wait for the games to be released in Japan. Given that we are dealing with Sega and not S-E, the NA release won't be near the Japanese release. There will be enough time for a proper analysis to show if the 360 version is that much better than the PS3 version before you have to decide.

---
"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." -Adam Smith
CQ
#6bdum_pshhhPosted 4/22/2009 8:34:31 AM
Yup, i'm gonna assume it's gonna be lead platform on the 360, and since tri-ace has more experience on the 360 it would probably be better for both 360 and PS3 owners if they were to develop this on 360 first. Why?

Lead development on PS3 would more likely result in both 360 and PS3 versions since, they have little experience with PS3, then they would port a rubbish game to the 360.

However, if they started on the console they have more experience with, they would be able to polish that one off and then fully concentrate on getting the PS3 version done, resulting in a better game for everyone. I hope that made sense.