Green hex on chapter 7

#1ditraPosted 3/22/2010 1:45:45 PM
I've been trying to farm these to fully deck out my arena but i cant see to get a steady number in anymore.

Used to go on level 7 Tundra grids but now the shady thugs dont spam anymore or if they do quite rarely.

Same issue with the closed road on level 4. Can only get chunky bastards.

Any idea where to go? Preferably the fastest yield. Details also appreciated!

Thank you
#2foolishwtfPosted 3/22/2010 1:47:06 PM
When farming a particular color always throw down that particular hex color on the area your farming, it counts as an extra drop that can occur.
---
Serious Venus and the lunar child
Giggle and the flames grow higher
#3foolishwtfPosted 3/22/2010 1:48:16 PM
I find the tundra to still be the best though..

One thing I don't understand is that the mob type changed after doing one of the red hexes there, before I did it all the mobs were shady thugs and goblins. After doing the red hex the dogs got added.
---
Serious Venus and the lunar child
Giggle and the flames grow higher
#4KouliPosted 3/22/2010 1:49:57 PM
Entrance of Silver Canyon. However, you should get the reactor to increase drop rate before doing so. This reactor should be at floor 8 or 9, then you can link it up to floor 7 and straight into Silver Canyon.
#5ditra(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2010 1:57:04 PM
By entrance do you mean inside out the grid right outside of the dungeon?
#6KouliPosted 3/22/2010 1:58:38 PM
Yes, as soon as you enter Silver Canyon.
#7ditra(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2010 2:46:24 PM
Figured it out... Sadly i should of grinded the green hexes before the mob change. I barely get 1 per fight with both the drop rate accessory and the terminals.
#8shenmue_mastaPosted 3/22/2010 4:36:09 PM
When farming a particular color always throw down that particular hex color on the area your farming, it counts as an extra drop that can occur.

What I'm still wondering is, does it become an enemy drop or a "battle" drop? Point being, do you have more chance to get them with bonus shots, smackdowns and breaking or should you just do leader assaults when you can?
---
Wiping all out!
#9kappuccinooPosted 3/23/2010 7:14:08 PM
i'm pretty sure its both but the drop is better if you do the smackdowns and bonus shots - i was farming purple hexes and just doing bonus shots and i always get 1 or 2 from the guards from Patar's dungeon.
#10shaselaiPosted 3/25/2010 3:50:30 PM
i am having trouble getting green hexes too... got into canyon and keep facing rogue with wolf or rogue with gremlin and i get maybe a green every 3 battles - i do get yellow hexes but not what i need. I understand i am supposed to link the terminal for more chances BUT i dont see that happening since i only have 12 green hexes and need 5 to convert to a station and i gotta start the station back from entrance... am i doing something wrong or just bad luck? i get similar encounters out of canyon too...
---
Playing:
Waiting: