Chapter 4 help, please!

#1DeaMaxwellPosted 6/18/2010 5:29:19 AM
So. I've trawled the boards and yes, I am aware of the search function.

Levels are as follows:

Vash: 11/6/5
Leanne: 6/12/5
Zeph: 9/5/5

I've been using Vash to tank and stand in front of the statue, throw the occasional Molotov. Leanne scratches the hell out of the enemies, Zephyr cleans up.

Buuuuuut that strategy fell apart a little when I hit the fourth/fifth hex, and those stupid Blood Doll Omegas. Even with full gauge, Leanne rarely hits thier main health at all (and yes, I'm jumping). So it's taking me a while to kill them, and even with Vashyron stood in front of the statue... They're still hitting it instead of him.

Unfortunately, I don't have the 50K to wait until I hit the boss and just retry w/ full hero gauge. I'm poor.
---
Gamertag; Emmarrrrr
#2Deaths_BladePosted 6/18/2010 5:58:18 AM
I was about level 30 or so at this stage, with pretty well outfitted guns, and had no problem with the level.

I can't give you any advise for this mission, but I will suggest you go and boost your levels to at least 10 in each category by doing sub-missions, the arena and optional areas.
---
Women are like a missile defence system: even those trained in their use have no idea how the hell they work. - Mast3rOfPupp3ts
#3DeaMaxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2010 6:06:18 AM
I've done all the sub-missions thus far. I'm probably going to switch around the guns and get some more levels in stuff, but there is a slight problem: I have no grenades. I've cleared out pretty much all the floors I have access to so far (aside from level 1) but I'm also having trouble getting hexes from enemies.

That, and it's hard to get decent EXP on most enemies.
---
Gamertag; Emmarrrrr
#4Deaths_BladePosted 6/18/2010 6:58:43 AM
I'm not sure what to recommend. I haven't had any problems with this game and I haven't done any grinding or abstract strategies.

For exp, try the Dwellests. They have several thousand HP, so they can help you level fairly quickly. They are found in lots of different places. As for general Hex's, I'm sure there are some effective farming strategies around. I had a surplus of about 50 or so at that point in the game.
---
Women are like a missile defence system: even those trained in their use have no idea how the hell they work. - Mast3rOfPupp3ts
#5magnum7979Posted 6/18/2010 7:20:39 AM
If your out of Grenades, then you could always get more via uncovering the World Map Hex as some give Grenades as reward. Chapter 5 will be the time where you can buy Grenades and make them.

That said, having Vash to stand in front of the Statue to prevent if from moving is good, you said that Scratching is hard because you rarely hit their Main HP Bar? Have you considered using Gauge Breaking as your first act to stun those Bloody Dolls Omega?

Gauge Breaking them will allow you to stun them for a moment and might help you to prevent them from targeting the Statue.
---
See Quote
#6threetimesPosted 6/18/2010 8:26:10 AM
There's nothing wrong with your levels, have you customised your guns to the maximum you can at this point? That will make a big difference. Also, use tri-attacks, rather than stand in front of the statue for this room. It's a tricky one without grenades to use on the omega group. Try incendiary rounds or hollow point for better damage on them
---
"I like it when it gets messy." Zephyr