How do you activate Terminals?

#1Ninja_GaignunPosted 3/25/2010 6:52:26 PM
I'm on Chapter 7 and I'm trying to link as many terminals as I can, the problem is, I cant activate them, I cant place a hex on them or anything.

The manual in the start screens says just place a colord hex on them, but it wont let me.
---
"First off let me just say, I love this game" *Rages about how bad game is* "But I'm still going to buy it."
#2Rail2k4Posted 3/25/2010 7:06:07 PM
In order to place a colored hex piece to activate a terminal you need that same colored piece nearby to connect to. You can't just drop any color piece anywhere, it has to connect to its own color usually from a piece you had to clear earlier.

Also you can drop a station hex made from the specific color you want to link around where you place it. Is that what you are talking about?
#3Ninja_Gaignun(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2010 7:08:03 PM
So basicly if i'v already compleatly uncoverd an level, than I cant activate Terminals due to haveing only white on that level?
---
"First off let me just say, I love this game" *Rages about how bad game is* "But I'm still going to buy it."
#4Rail2k4Posted 3/25/2010 7:09:51 PM
It makes it more of a pain but you still can. Go to the guild building, and trade in 5 of the color hex you want to place for a station hex of that color.

Then you can place the station hex on any safe gray hex spot on the level. Once you have the colored station hex placed you can connect that same color hex piece to the station until you reach the terminal.
#5Ninja_Gaignun(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2010 7:13:53 PM
Wouldnt that make connecting some hex's to places impossible?

I want to connect all of the hex's I can to the arena, but I cant do that on 1 color can I?

I thank they make stuff in this game complicated just for the sake of being complicated.
---
#6Rail2k4Posted 3/25/2010 7:17:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Rail2k4Posted 3/25/2010 7:18:25 PM
You can connect the level 4, 5, and 6 with the greenish teal long piece (Not the completely straight piece).

Its the 5th colored piece down I believe. Will have to recheck soon. I was able to connect to the arena with it myself so no worries there.
#8Ninja_Gaignun(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2010 7:20:38 PM
I'l check into it.
---
#9colngPosted 3/29/2010 1:54:09 PM
So, How do you activate the terminals???

I connected 2 terminals with yellow hex together the power is 33/100... how do i increase the power? do I need to connect to other station to increase the power of the terminal?
#10TanzeinPosted 3/29/2010 1:57:38 PM
Need to link more color hexes of the same color and have the number match the second or past like 100+/100. More than 1 Terminal can be linked and the "shafts" between Layers can be linked to continue to the next area.