Patertopolis mission (Town of Hope)

#1HURRRPosted 3/31/2010 1:45:18 AM

Okay so I've looked at every topic on the internet on this quest and I still can't manage to do it..

I "unlocked" Patertopolis by placing the purple hexes so I can go in and see that I can't go any further in the dungeon other than the first hex.

So I put a red station hex around Lucia and using red hexes, I activated the terminal right next to it which needs 15 hexes to activate.

Since that was originally unlocked with a greenish color hex, I can just make it red by placing it over them. So now I'm connecting red hexes all the way to Patertopolis and the terminal is activated to like 38/15 or something.

What is wrong with this picture? I have red hexes surrounding all of Patertopolis as well as "on" it.

PLEASE help me...

#2UnpleasantlyPosted 3/31/2010 1:50:30 AM
I got it to work strictly using the light green hex connecting with the terminal that reduces enemy encounter. Not sure how things work in this game yet, still pretty much learning the ropes.
#3Meh1Posted 3/31/2010 5:19:04 AM
Are you talking about the mission that requires you to activate Patertopolis? If so, if the place is of the same colored hex as the terminal it's connected to it, then you've succeeded. To check, click the start button on pater to see the terminal effects. It should appear if you did it right.

If you're not getting it, it's because either the hexes aren't connected(perhaps you have a gap somewhere to the terminal, or because you don't have every single patertopolis hex covered in color. Otherwise, no reason why it should not work.
---
#4HURRR(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2010 11:04:44 AM

I think there is definitely a bug somehow...

I connected it through the green hexes now with the stealth terminal and I can even set my marker on Patertopolis and press start and see that there is an effect there

SIGH

#5kroonermanblackPosted 3/31/2010 12:41:28 PM
stupid question, but you DID go talk to Pater again right? It's not an auto-complete mission. Pull up your mission memo and see if it says 'pending return' or whatever it is. Means you've done the deed, but need to report back to the person who gave you the mission.
#6dirtybrownPosted 3/31/2010 4:11:57 PM

stupid question, but you DID go talk to Pater again right? It's not an auto-complete mission. Pull up your mission memo and see if it says 'pending return' or whatever it is. Means you've done the deed, but need to report back to the person who gave you the mission.

This. You can't/don't actually go into the dungeon until a later chapter. Pater just wants you to clear him a path, then report back to him.
---