"Recon Nipton" quest SPOILERS

#1TurcotteIVPosted 10/21/2010 8:04:11 AM
I got the quest from Ghost at the ranger station to go check out Nipton Town Hall. I searched every inch of that damn place and there's nothing in there. I even dumped points into lockpick so I could open up the back room in the Mayor's office, The marker stops right out front but I can't seem to activate it or anything, nothing happens. I hope it didn't have anything to do with the 5 Legion soldiers who were standing out front because when I got close they just walked away I didn't even get a chance to talk to them.
---
Logic and GameFaqs don't mix so well - DoreyCole
#2xCarn4g3xPosted 10/21/2010 8:08:09 AM
**SPOILERS***

According to the strategy guide, this dude with a hat that looks like a wolf hat that comes out and talks to you. However, when I got to the town, I forgot I was wearing some NCR armor I found, and everyone shot me on site. I killed everyone, and in the process it popped up that I failed like 3 quests >_<
---
Gamertag: T0tal Carn4ge
Star Craft II Bnet name: ChaosDragon # 298
#3ShawBrothersPosted 10/21/2010 8:13:47 AM
Yeah make sure your not wearing NCR armor or other armor from a gang that the Legion hate. Your suppose to talk to one of the guys that are standing in the group of Legion guys, he will give you another short quest that you can complete when you go back to report to Ghost. If you kill them then it fails the mission and if you got Boone make he waits somewhere else or he will always attack them since they are Legion.
#4CowelPosted 10/21/2010 8:19:42 AM
All you need to do to finish the quest is "notice" the legion there. You don't even have to talk to the Legionaires, talking to Boxcars works too.
#5TurcotteIV(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2010 8:21:38 AM

Yeah make sure your not wearing NCR armor or other armor from a gang that the Legion hate. Your suppose to talk to one of the guys that are standing in the group of Legion guys, he will give you another short quest that you can complete when you go back to report to Ghost. If you kill them then it fails the mission and if you got Boone make he waits somewhere else or he will always attack them since they are Legion.

WTF!? I wish I had known that...I haven't gotten the "you failed ____ quest" or anything like that, but the legion soldiers just walked away as I got close to them. They didn't automatically start talking or anything like a random person that comes up to you would. As I got close they fanned out to kind of surround me so I was weary of them then I got closer when they didn't try and blow my head off and they just walked away in a single file line. I was just standing there for a good 15 seconds like O_o. If I have to talk to them where did they go? Anyone know?
---
#6TurcotteIV(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2010 8:23:04 AM

Done.

All you need to do to finish the quest is "notice" the legion there. You don't even have to talk to the Legionaires, talking to Boxcars works too.

And done. I talked to boxcars, and was standing right next to the legion soldiers as they walked away. I hope it didn't glitch out.

---
#7PhilHughesPosted 10/21/2010 8:27:36 AM
i killed the legionaries in nipton before i even talked to ghost. that wolf hood guy told me to attack him so i blew his head off with my 10mm. then later when i was at mojave outpost i still got the quest from ghost. i didn't have to go back to nipton. i just told here the legion wiped the town out and passed the quest.

i did fail the mission the wolf hood guy gives you when i killed him though.
#8kevin1515Posted 10/21/2010 8:30:17 AM
After seeing what the legion does to people I have sided with the NCR for the time being. SO I failed all those quests as well because instead of talking to them...I caravan shotgunned that stupid dog hat off his head
---
*Pulls pants back up and backs away slowly*
Removed my GT because you peepz are straight creepz