Your opinion on the Ideal starting S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats

#1360bucknutPosted 10/21/2010 1:30:26 PM
Come on people. I know you all have opinions on it. Share em here. What are the best starting Special stats in your opinion so far.
---
Current Games: Fallout: New Vegas, Forza Motorsport 3, Resident Evil 5, Halo: Reach
#2360bucknut(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2010 1:39:28 PM
Bump
---
Current Games: Fallout: New Vegas, Forza Motorsport 3, Resident Evil 5, Halo: Reach
#3theriddlemasterPosted 10/21/2010 1:43:15 PM
I believe mine went as follows.

S-4
P-4
E-4
C-7
I-10
A-4
L-7

A lot of people will probably say that putting 10 into a stat is stupid but there is no bobblehead type system that permanently adds one to a special stat, and the extra skill points from int at the beginning mean a lot in the long run. Charisma was a high one because it helps out your companions who I was interested in using. Luck was also a high one because a game set in Vegas seemed like a fitting place to use luck and plus +1 in Luck is a +1 in all skills. This was obviously for a more "good-natured" character who solved problems with speech, science, medicine, etc.
#4360bucknut(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2010 1:46:49 PM
The Build I'm feeling at the moment is as follows

S-8
P-6
E-8
C-1
I-8
A-6
L-3

Going to be an Unarmed / Guns user. Speech lockpicking and science to 50 pretty quick. Any critiques or way i could better my build would be great. Going to play this character on hard mode too.
---
#5Lvl80RetPaladinPosted 10/21/2010 1:49:28 PM
In my opinion?

S: 7
P: 8
E: 5
C: 3 I: 6
A: 8
L: 3

Having 7 in strength gives the midway between enough to use the weapons I'll come across but not being able to use the extremely heavy duty guns. My character is very aware of his surroundings and lockpicking is a major skill so I gave him an 8 in perception. I don't plan on using much charisma to affect people so it's a 3. Repair is going to be a big skill for me so Intelligence is a 6. Agility is an 8 to up my sneaking abilities and how I fight with guns. I don't care much about winning at the slots so my luck is down to a 3.
#6bfolds586Posted 10/21/2010 1:52:03 PM
Mine was as follows

S-10
P-10
E-10
C-10
I-10
A-10
L-10

=P
#7360bucknut(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2010 1:54:41 PM
I call Hax =O
---
#8Stickman11149Posted 10/21/2010 1:55:14 PM
Contrary to what theriddlemaster said, there are places you can buy implants (for a ridiculous amount of caps) that offer you boosts to your SPECIAL stats, but you can only have as many implants as your score in Endurance is (EN=5, 5 implants maximum).

---
"If you ever have a baby, I'm going to punt it like a foot ball." - K1J3L
#9texasrenegadePosted 10/21/2010 1:58:53 PM
7-str for carry and weapons use
6-per
6-end
7-ch
8-int
6-agi
1-luck

Gives good broad skills, great speech, medicine, science, barter, and repair.

And while I crit less, when I played around with it I wasn't suffering to my knowledge in gameplay.
This is purely as a powergamer design.

My character I am actually playing isn't this design, for one if you survive getting shot in the head no way you have a luck of 1.
#10Lunar_SavagePosted 10/21/2010 1:59:09 PM
S: 4
P: 7
E: 5
C: 6
I: 8
A: 7
L: 3

That's what I started with. I'm on Very Hard with Hardcore on. So I don't wanna hear anything about how Cha is a waste of points. Trust me, IT'S NOT. >:|

But overall, I'm doing fairly well with this so far.

14 skill points per level and I decided not to pick up educated. But I did take the comprehension perk. 4 points from skill books and 20 from magazines is amazing.

I focus on sneaking, lock picking, and small guns. With my other minor skills being science, speech, and some points in repair.

I'm a charismatic thief. xD And my companions can kick some serious ass too.

I can get 5 (6 if you count the free endurance implant slot) implants, not sure which ones to buy though.

I'm thinking of boosting Agility to 8, Perception to 8, and Charisma to 7 then getting the regen and toughness implants (oh, and of course the endurance implant, I'd be crazy not to). Any suggestions? Are the two non-special implants worth it?
---
http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2843783/1/Deceit_of_the_Phantom
Number of Mega Cookies given: (::::) 13