Vault 34...what a pain in the...where is the damn reactor terminal?

#1_Undying_Posted 10/22/2010 9:25:58 PM
When the game says use the reactor terminal to finish the quest i figure its talking about THE ONE INSIDE THE REACTOR. Guess not.

Also whats up with the door near that terminal that once unlocked there is nothing but wreckage behind it?
---
What the hell is a "Bacchikoi"?
#2_Undying_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2010 9:31:15 PM
This place is horrible, who makes a confusing maze where you are constantly being irradiated? Someone at Obsidian is laughing right now.
---
#3_Undying_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2010 9:50:14 PM
bump
---
#4CorpNothingPosted 10/22/2010 9:55:51 PM
Ordinary, Unsuspecting Gamer - "WHAT THE HELL?? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL ALL OF THESE GHOULS WHILE BEING CONSTANTLY IRRADIATED? AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO OPEN UP ALL OF THESE LOCKED DOORS? WHY WON'T THIS OVERSEER DIED? GAAAAAAHH"
Obsidian Entertainment - "LOL I TROL U"
---
she painted fire across the skyline
#5_Undying_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2010 9:56:44 PM
Yeah, and don't forget spending several hours running around that dimly lit hellhole.
---
#6RK05Posted 10/22/2010 10:03:48 PM
There is a terminal in the room you go through to get to the reactor, it looks like a large server with a screen and red keyboard. Sorta like the robco mainframe in FO3, i dont see how you could miss it.
#7CorpNothingPosted 10/22/2010 10:05:54 PM
Yeah, dude. I spent at least three hours exploring that place. I just found the mission "Hard Luck Blues" at random, while looking for information about another quest. Wandered deeper and deeper into the vault with Rose of Sharon Cassidy, spent hours running around in circles. I found most of the access codes and terminals and what not fairly quickly, but I couldn't find the overseer office to open up the armory and shut down the ventilation system. Everything was fairly straightforward once I killed the overseer. Killing him was a pain in the behind, too, though.
---
she painted fire across the skyline
#8mattislegionPosted 10/22/2010 10:10:24 PM
I went into the place thinking I could just kill a few ghouls and make my way into the magical armory full of treasures galore.

About an hour later I'm ready to limp out, irradiation meter halfway full, full body injured, 20-30 stim packs lost, and without one cool new gun to my name.

I WILL BE BACK VAULT 34! WITH BIGGER WEAPONS AND MORE FRIENDS!
---
The mods are haters and they are mad.
#9SczoydPosted 10/22/2010 10:12:41 PM
Holy hell, I thought that irradiated town in the southeast was bad. I do not look forward to wandering around this place. I think Ill wait until the Wikia for it is up.
#10SczoydPosted 10/22/2010 10:14:13 PM
Well, there is something on it http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_34
but it's not that detailed.