Implants Faqs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: jhayze018

jhayze018
6 years ago#1

Notes :
1* there are a total of "9" implants (1 for each stats and 2 special perks)
2* you can only get a total of "7" implants (i experimented this with the EXP and CAPS glitch, and reach the clinic fast with an Endurance of 9, and i can only get a total of 7 implants)
3* the total stat of your 'Endurance' is the total number of implants you could get (ex. END 5 = 5 implants)
4* the 'Endurance Implant' doesn't add up on your total number of implants (pls. read *3*)
5* the 'Intense Training +1 END' perk can give you an extra implant (but be still noticed about *2*)

Implants:
Strength Implant -- STR+1 -- 4,000caps
Perception Implant -- PER+1 -- 4,000caps
Endurance Implant -- END+1 -- 4,000caps
Charisma Implant -- CHR+1 -- 4,000caps
Intelligence Implant -- INT+1 -- 4,000caps
Agility Implant -- AGL+1 -- 4,000caps
Luck Implant -- LCK+1 -- 4,000caps
Sub-Dermal Armor Implant -- DT+4 -- 8,000caps
?Monocyte Breeder Implant? -- Regenerates 1HP every 3sec -- 12,000caps

Sub-Dermal Armor Implant : (Damage Threshold +4)
*melee character build then this implant is must have*
*if you have the 'Kamikaze' trait then this implant 'could be' useful*
*if you are planing later on or soon with a character build using heavy armor (power armor,etc.) then this implant 'could be' useless*

?Monocyte Breeder Implant? : (Regen 1HP every 3sec)
*very easy-normal difficulty setting then this implant is totally useless*
*hard-very hard difficulty setting then maybe this implant 'could be' useful*
*hardcore difficulty setting then this implant is a must have*

...*if u reach the New Vegas Clinic early in the game and have a lot of caps saved, then i recommend and suggest u get the 'Intelligence Implant' is a must, but if you are using the EXP and CAPS glitch then i guess you should just go with your character build*...

...all in all a 5-6 Endurance is a good set on stats and number of implants, and for implants choice really depends on your character build.

hope this helps!

User Info: kpearwut

kpearwut
6 years ago#2
are you sure you can only get 7? why is everyone saying you can get all 9?

User Info: Fox1012

Fox1012
6 years ago#3
We need more posts like this.

I think it'd be great if there was a big FAQ sticky.

Although instead of saying this, I should make it, but...
GT: Fox122

User Info: Fox1012

Fox1012
6 years ago#4
Also, I still think it's funny that you can get a "luck" implant.

Like I get that you could somehow modify your body to be stronger...but luck?
GT: Fox122

User Info: kpearwut

kpearwut
6 years ago#5
OP, can you answer my question?

User Info: G-Scythe

G-Scythe
6 years ago#6
"Also, I still think it's funny that you can get a "luck" implant.

Like I get that you could somehow modify your body to be stronger...but luck?"

Lol, i could just imagine them nailing a lucky horseshoe somewhere on your body.

User Info: Ouranus

Ouranus
6 years ago#7
Nope I just got all of the implants and I have 9 endurance. I'm not sure why you think or are only to get 7 implants with 9 endurance jhayze018.
GT: Anethos
PSN: Nevost

User Info: jhayze018

jhayze018
6 years ago#8
@kpearwut

with all that EXP and CAPS glitch tricks out there, i was trying to experiment with different character builds for fun, and the first thing i tried to know is if its possible to get the whole '9 Implants', i skipped Novac and Boulder City and went straight to the New Vegas Clinic with an Endurance of 9 (S/7,P/5,E/9,C/1,I/5,A/8,L/6) , so i got all the stats implants (7 of them SPECIAL) and when i was trying to get the other 2 special implants , the doctor says my body cant handle it anymore implants , and there was 'no message on the top left' saying about endurance or implants , so thus i only get a total of 7 implants!

on my original character , i have an endurance of 5 only , got 5 implants , and when i try to get more there a message on the top left of the screen saying about needing more endurance!

and on the fallout wikia forum and no mutants allowed forum , most of the people are saying they also got 7 implants only and lesser people saying they got the whole 9 implants?

im playing on a ps3 and normal difficulty setting, and i just realized now that im on the xbox360 section! LOL

User Info: minimang123

minimang123
6 years ago#9
perhaps the 7 implants only was pre-patch.

Question for confirmation on only 7 implants.

Also, do they count towards perk requirements?

User Info: spook2517

spook2517
6 years ago#10
I have all 9 implants and no patch. Xbox 360. I also took 9 endurance from the start.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived