Taking down deathclaws and nightstalkers

#1duddddeeeeee16Posted 10/24/2010 12:17:13 PM
Alright, so I'll say it: these guys tear me a new one whenever I find them. I'm a level 8 right now, so maybe that is the source of the problem, but regardless, I was wondering if anyone has a good tactic for taking them down.

I haven't really experimented with ammo types yet so maybe that would help, but for the most part it's basically "hey it's a deathcl- *falls dead after one swipe*".
---
Then rise from your seat, take a several steps back, lower your head, and run at your monitor as fast as you can.
XBL GT: WELL GUESS WHAT
#2Seefu SefirosuPosted 10/24/2010 12:18:15 PM
Nightstalkers are easy, imo, it's the deathclaws that kick my ass.
---
"So when did oral sex become multiplication of negative integers?"
~Sin~ -||-Deutsch Hutte-||- <[We Run]>
#3zestysquirrlPosted 10/24/2010 12:18:28 PM
run away till level 15 or so
---
never kick a wet turd, as it'll ruin your shoes
#4XgArrancarPosted 10/24/2010 12:19:03 PM
You really need to look before you leap. Spotting a death claw before he spots you can make the difference between life and death. This is why perception is useful.
#5Tschudy15Posted 10/24/2010 12:19:35 PM
With nightstalkers, I just unload an automatic weapon on them. With deathclaws, however, you either get them with a sneak attack from an AMR, or VATS the hell out of their head, using armor piercing rounds with whichever option you pick.
---
PKMN SS FC: 2923 3142 7822
Getting used to new keyboard, please excuse speeling,
#6enterthefirePosted 10/24/2010 12:19:43 PM
I've ran into a pack of about 5 nightstalkers before...had a rebar club with me.

They charged straight at me then veered off suddenly to attack this group of geckos that was also chasing me (but i didn't know.)

I let both groups duke it out and eventually only 2 nightstalkers survived before i stepped in to settle the matter. I was about level 10.
--
Steam Nick = XxHammerDownxX
XBL GT = DementedCroc
#7clubs10Posted 10/24/2010 12:20:10 PM
just avoid deathclaws for now and when you cant avoid them try to break their legs so they can't get you and the nightstalkers getting ED-E in primm will help as you can Vats target them when they are invisible.
---
Current picks for Game of the year: Super Mario Galaxies 2, Red Dead Redemption, God Of War 3, Mass Effect 2
#8TheOinkanatorPosted 10/24/2010 12:20:26 PM
Deathclaws are straight up nasty; avoid them if possible.
Night Stalkers are only a problem in packs, but even then they aren't that bad if you can climb up out of their reach and then rain death on them.
#9hafertepePosted 10/24/2010 12:21:10 PM
Best way to kill a pack of things like that is to run backwards with them chasing you and just toss mines at em.

If you have enough mines anyway.....
---
All time fave games: Mario 3, Chrono Trigger, Mario 64, Pokemon, Katamari, SW: Battlefront I & II, Fallout 3
#10zX_Haloman_XzPosted 10/24/2010 12:22:19 PM
I hate Night Stalkers with a passion.

When I do use V.A.T.S on them, I get a 95% Chance to head shot them, and I miss my volley of 5 pistol shots somehow.

Also, when they close the distance, they wreck my level 7 NCR Bandoleer Armored ass in 1-2 hits.

Failing that, they will swarm and make short work of ED-E.
---
GT: zX_Haloman_Xz
Currently Playing: Pokemon: Heart Gold, Touhou 6 EotSD, Rock Band, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody