Taking down deathclaws and nightstalkers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Taking down deathclaws and nightstalkers

User Info: duddddeeeeee16

duddddeeeeee16
6 years ago#1
Alright, so I'll say it: these guys tear me a new one whenever I find them. I'm a level 8 right now, so maybe that is the source of the problem, but regardless, I was wondering if anyone has a good tactic for taking them down.

I haven't really experimented with ammo types yet so maybe that would help, but for the most part it's basically "hey it's a deathcl- *falls dead after one swipe*".
Then rise from your seat, take a several steps back, lower your head, and run at your monitor as fast as you can.
XBL GT: WELL GUESS WHAT

User Info: Seefu Sefirosu

Seefu Sefirosu
6 years ago#2
Nightstalkers are easy, imo, it's the deathclaws that kick my ass.
"So when did oral sex become multiplication of negative integers?"
~Sin~ -||-Deutsch Hutte-||- <[We Run]>

User Info: zestysquirrl

zestysquirrl
6 years ago#3
run away till level 15 or so
never kick a wet turd, as it'll ruin your shoes

User Info: XgArrancar

XgArrancar
6 years ago#4
You really need to look before you leap. Spotting a death claw before he spots you can make the difference between life and death. This is why perception is useful.

User Info: Tschudy15

Tschudy15
6 years ago#5
With nightstalkers, I just unload an automatic weapon on them. With deathclaws, however, you either get them with a sneak attack from an AMR, or VATS the hell out of their head, using armor piercing rounds with whichever option you pick.
PKMN SS FC: 2923 3142 7822
Getting used to new keyboard, please excuse speeling,

User Info: enterthefire

enterthefire
6 years ago#6
I've ran into a pack of about 5 nightstalkers before...had a rebar club with me.

They charged straight at me then veered off suddenly to attack this group of geckos that was also chasing me (but i didn't know.)

I let both groups duke it out and eventually only 2 nightstalkers survived before i stepped in to settle the matter. I was about level 10.
--
Steam Nick = XxHammerDownxX
XBL GT = DementedCroc

User Info: clubs10

clubs10
6 years ago#7
just avoid deathclaws for now and when you cant avoid them try to break their legs so they can't get you and the nightstalkers getting ED-E in primm will help as you can Vats target them when they are invisible.
Current picks for Game of the year: Super Mario Galaxies 2, Red Dead Redemption, God Of War 3, Mass Effect 2

User Info: TheOinkanator

TheOinkanator
6 years ago#8
Deathclaws are straight up nasty; avoid them if possible.
Night Stalkers are only a problem in packs, but even then they aren't that bad if you can climb up out of their reach and then rain death on them.

User Info: hafertepe

hafertepe
6 years ago#9
Best way to kill a pack of things like that is to run backwards with them chasing you and just toss mines at em.

If you have enough mines anyway.....
All time fave games: Mario 3, Chrono Trigger, Mario 64, Pokemon, Katamari, SW: Battlefront I & II, Fallout 3

User Info: zX_Haloman_Xz

zX_Haloman_Xz
6 years ago#10
I hate Night Stalkers with a passion.

When I do use V.A.T.S on them, I get a 95% Chance to head shot them, and I miss my volley of 5 pistol shots somehow.

Also, when they close the distance, they wreck my level 7 NCR Bandoleer Armored ass in 1-2 hits.

Failing that, they will swarm and make short work of ED-E.
GT: zX_Haloman_Xz
Currently Playing: Pokemon: Heart Gold, Touhou 6 EotSD, Rock Band, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Taking down deathclaws and nightstalkers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived