I put a spell on you ... glitch?? wtf..(spoilers)

#1h221998Posted 10/26/2010 6:42:13 AM

Quick question on this quest. .. .

I find and kill dude in the control tower . then go difuse bomb on the monorail ..

Open the vent .. . remove and difuse bomb... so far sooo good ..

BUT....

after it says bomb difuses .. .train car leaves ... 3 seconds later BOOOM... still explodes even though I clearly removed/difused it ..

am I in the wrong here or is the game glitched??

thanks guys

#2WackmanV2Posted 10/26/2010 6:44:35 AM
I had that happen to me too.

It was weird, because on the radio i heard both broadcasts, that the monorail exploded, and the other one that the monorail didn't...

---
I had a nightmare, it was scary... o.O
#3h221998(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2010 8:07:00 AM

ok.. so its not just me having this problem...

Also... about 2 hrs after completing the defunt monorail quest .. I think heard on the radio "monorail repaired"..

sooo,, is this yet another new glitch guys??

has ANYONE succesfully removed the bomb without this sanario happening ??

Input is appreciated..

#4mahalo81Posted 10/26/2010 8:14:05 AM
I just finished this quest last night and didn't have that glitch.

I had a small glitch where I went into the control tower to spy and the traitor was standing at the door and talking to the Legion instead of being upstairs. He didn't notice me though.
#5Poundx2Posted 10/26/2010 8:17:21 AM

I disarmed the bomb and the train did not pull away and explode afterwards, if that is the question. I don't know what I did differently than anyone else, so I don't know why it worked for me.

#6Poundx2Posted 10/26/2010 8:18:02 AM

mahalo81 posted...
I just finished this quest last night and didn't have that glitch.

I had a small glitch where I went into the control tower to spy and the traitor was standing at the door and talking to the Legion instead of being upstairs. He didn't notice me though.

^This happened im my version, also.

#7h221998(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2010 8:24:02 AM

interesting.... I had no problems with the control tower...

just the damn train pulls away reguardless. with bomb or not... weird

#8SkytheWiz1Posted 10/26/2010 8:28:20 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/56866494

Works, and I can vouch for it (it's not my work).
If it doesn't, you're glitching. Try again.
#9CombatDoughBoyPosted 10/26/2010 8:33:21 AM

I got it off fine and it said defused and whatever, but as I was walking back on the platform to the door's to go see Hsu, a loading screen came up, and it teleported me somewhere I hadn't been before.

Turns out the game somehow thought I was on the monorail, and brought me to the strip lol. Even though I wasn't anywhere near the train.

I was so confused hahaha

#10hokies1313Posted 10/26/2010 8:49:13 AM
This quest is extremely glitched, however it is possible to complete it properly. There is a set of events that you have to do. After you speak to Boyd to find about the break ins, go immediately to the tower and wait until around 2 am. Once there you have about a 9 in 10 chance of the conversation between the spy and his handler firing correctly. If you hear "They're getting too close" you're basically screwed. If you do hear their entire conversation, run immediately to the monorail, do not talk to Colonel Hsu, and defuse the bomb.

I believe, and I don't have any independent confirmation on this, that if you speak the Captain Curtis (the spy) before you catch him in the tower you will not ever be able to defuse the bomb. From there the only way you find out about the bomb is from Colonel Hsu going "something isn't right" which arguably means you've run out of time and the monorail is /suppose/ to explode no matter what after that point.