how do I get the key for the fire station in camp searchlight?

#1RedSevePosted 11/9/2010 2:47:33 PM
not sure if theres anything good in the police station or other buildings, I've only explored the churches, and then found out about the unique ax in searchlight

I know I need to get the key from someone named logan, but I don't know who that is, he doesn;t seem to be one of the soldiers around searchlight
#2nhamilton310Posted 11/9/2010 2:49:45 PM
Minor Spoilers..
Logan and company are hiding in a storage area beneath one of the two churches there. They have a quest that i havent done yet, so dont know if it is any good. BUT there is a really nice unique melee weapon in the fire station. VERY worth getting if melee is your bag.
#3Kai_LagunaPosted 11/9/2010 2:50:28 PM
In the basement of one of the churches, part of a quest.
---
Kaiselius, Carbuncle server <retired>
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?10692
#4RedSeve(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2010 2:53:10 PM
OH dangit, I've already been there, just before I was looking for logan, so I didn't think to check there
#5RedSeve(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2010 2:54:33 PM
do I get the quest from logan? or someone else, cause I remember talking to him, didn't get a quest
#6RoboNixonPosted 11/10/2010 1:57:42 PM
Has anyone tried just shooting Logan to get the key? I'm looking for fast access to the loot.
---
There is a place for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.
#7PepsiCooperPosted 11/10/2010 2:17:39 PM
I didn't try shooting Logan, but I do know pickpocketing him does not get the key. The cave you grab the goods for his quest isn't difficult to find, but it was a very glitchy area in my game. I have the Animal Friend perk, too, so the Coyotes didn't bother me. It's been a while, but I think those are the only enemies around that area.

The Knock Knock is well worth it and I don't even have a high melee character.
#82K_FanPosted 11/10/2010 2:27:32 PM
You have to exhuast all of the conversations with Logan, Hack into the computer next to him, talk to Logan again, find a certain cave north of Nipton?(the town with the lottory winner,) take the package back to Logan, then all of you go to the police station and loot the place, he gets everything with "NCR" infront of the name, then you cruise over to the firehouse, squish some bugs, loot the firehouse, Knock Knock is in the bathroom stalls, turn in all of the "NCR" stuff, then SPOILER... After spoiler, dont pick up any of the "NCR" gear you find...

Longest sentence of the thread winner: ME
---
UNO!
Currently playing: Borderlands and Fallout: New Vegas
#9RoboNixonPosted 11/10/2010 5:22:46 PM
Success! Shooting Logan point blank with an AMR yields both police and firestation keys!
---
There is a place for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.