Starting I Could Make You Care (Veronica's Sidequest)

#1CaphePosted 11/15/2010 11:17:18 PM
Hello all,
I am trying to start Veronica's sidequest to no avail. I searched here on Gamefaqs and can't find a thread that has solid answers.

I checked the Wiki, which has a list of about 10 different areas to trigger her conversation. I have tried several and she has not said anything. I have also tried "talking" to her via her menu and unless I am missing something major, nothing new popping up there either.

Has anyone figured this out?
#2kingsivPosted 11/15/2010 11:37:21 PM
You need to progress quests with her in your party. Once she's seen enough she talk to you about the Brotherhood.
#3TitanicHornetPosted 11/15/2010 11:55:21 PM
Get Veronica, go to Hidden Valley, talk to her often.
---
You dont win silver, you lose gold!
#4gwizzlerPosted 11/16/2010 12:21:38 AM
I had the quest initiate after arming ARCHIMEDES and buying the C-Finder from Max. Didn't even know Veronica existed yet. Went to the trading post, got her as a companion, went to Hidden Valley and finished that quest before ever doing a single Brotherhood mission.
---
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster
#5Caphe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2010 7:49:10 AM
Thanks!

I've been going to Hidden Valley often and talking to her tons - nothing has activated.

I'm not sure about Archimedes - was that Helios? I did that a while ago, without her.

The WIKI says I can go to Gibson's shack and activate it via the terminal, but the terminal is not hackable - it requires a key. Anyone happen to know where that key is?
#6ps4mePosted 11/16/2010 7:55:59 AM
kingsiv is write...

you have to do quest progression with her. Finish a coupl3 of sidequest with her and then go to one of the areas where her conversation triggers. She triggered at silver rush for me.
#7Caphe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2010 8:59:54 AM
Does it matter what sidemissions? The reason I ask is...

...minor spoilers...

...some of them I did before I met her. Also, I can't take her to meet the Van Graffs because, well, I kinda... killed all of them.
#8monkmithPosted 11/16/2010 11:40:54 AM
i've been having this problem too, i'm beginning to wonder if some of the side quests i did before i got her (Helos 1) have locked the quest for me. i've done several quests with her, and now i'm working on the quest line for the BoS, so maybe it will unlock.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#9Caphe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2010 7:36:26 PM
Let me know how it goes. I've also been doing BoS quests but am afraid they'll lock her up permanently.