Soft-Hearted Devil to a rep that isn't hostile? Confused about Rep.

#1brettslicePosted 12/19/2010 10:40:35 AM

I'm trying to get the Gannon Family Armor and no matter what I do I'm always have one group hostile to me. I'm trying to go the route with House where you kill off the BoS to get him to activate the quest. I have a save that has me liked by the Legion and a save that has me idolized by the legion. When I turn in the platinum chip and tell House that the Boomer's are with me and the Omerta's are done I always lose a ton of rep with the Legion. Depending if I'm on the save of liked/idolized I either get Soft-Hearted Devil/Wild Child and from what I read once you hit Wild Child you can't change it but I was wondering if when I hit Soft-Hearted Devil I can improve the rep enough that the Legion won't be hostile anymore?

#2stormeyePosted 12/19/2010 10:42:12 AM
SHD is a neutral status iirc.

They will never attack you unless you provoke.
#3DoctorScrapsPosted 12/19/2010 10:44:39 AM
So you're side-skirting loyalty and rep to avoid Legion assassins. Is this an accurate statement.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#4brettslice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2010 10:46:14 AM
When did I mention Legion assassins?
#5NyflheimPosted 12/19/2010 10:47:17 AM

There's no other reason to care if the Legion likes you after House Always Wins III.
---
You paid for the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge.
#6stormeyePosted 12/19/2010 10:49:59 AM
SHD is indeed a neutral status, and I just remembered I have it on most of my characters with Legion.

You will not fail any quest with Legion for infamy, or be a target of assassination.

But be warned, if you like wearing faction armour (i.e. NCR Combat Armour). Your status is changed to Neutral neutral with Legion, and this will enable you to fail quests and become an assassination target. Make sure you do not wear any faction armour before you gain any infamy with Legion.
#7brettslice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2010 10:52:42 AM

chaos_inferno posted...

There's no other reason to care if the Legion likes you after House Always Wins III.
---
You paid for the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge.

I just want the Gannon Family Armor without actually progressing far enough into the story to have to choose a side. The BoS are already hostile with me even though I'm idolized by them and I've completed all their quests including Veronica's so I don't care about killing them off. I want to be able to get the armor without actually having to destroy my chances of siding with a faction. ;)

#8DoctorScrapsPosted 12/19/2010 10:54:30 AM
Just choose one and get on with your life. You're going to have to make the choice sooner or later. Stop footing around and quit the foreplay and any other number of cliche figures of speech that mean procrastination under the duress of indecision.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#9brettslice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2010 10:57:14 AM
You're taking this a bit too far. I don't feel like finishing the story but I want to get the Gannon Family Armor. It's that simple.
#10DoctorScrapsPosted 12/19/2010 10:58:44 AM
If that's the case, then why should you care who you piss off? Get it and go. If you wanted to side with the Legion, you would have taken steps to do so by now. All that loyalty garbage isn't just an end-game situation.
---