why does the screen keep getting blurry?

#1chaoscatzeroPosted 1/23/2011 12:35:09 PM
For some reason, as I'm exploring the screen occassionally blurs over for a few seconds and then goes back to normal.

Like my character is slipping in and out of consciousness.

It likely has something to do with some condition that I havent been monitoring properly.....
---
Best fighter in the world
http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy201/Chaos_Cat_Zero/makoto/01.gif
#2GreasyPetePosted 1/23/2011 12:38:28 PM
maybe you're poisoned.

or maybe it's a glitch. i remember being confused by events like this early in the game when i didn't know i was doing.
---
"Misleading title, and old video. Light him up, boys." -DarkspineZero
#3Knux58Posted 1/23/2011 12:46:15 PM
If your head crippled?
---
GT/Steam: Knux57
Black Ops, New Vegas, AC: Brotherhood, NFS: Hot Pursuit
#4funsizePosted 1/23/2011 1:05:40 PM
^ your head is crippled.
#5chaoscatzero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2011 1:46:49 PM
I dunno, but it suddenly stopped happening..maybe it WAS a glitch, though it really didn't seem like one..
---
Best fighter in the world
http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy201/Chaos_Cat_Zero/makoto/01.gif
#6Shadowmaster_MPosted 1/23/2011 1:54:28 PM
If (not on Hardcore mode) you popped a stimpak at any time after it started, you healed your head just enough for it to stop being crippled. Did it have an accompanying sound effect, a kind of rising-pitch buzz?
---
Das Feuer liebt mich.
Das Feuer liebt mich nicht.
#7Bagheera32669Posted 1/23/2011 2:30:58 PM
If you were crippled, then you may healed by sleeping and were no longer crippled. You may also be addicted to some substance. Addiction causes various effects.
#8HolyGigoPosted 1/23/2011 4:49:04 PM
I'm thinking a glitch. Sometimes I get the random effect of Fixer, or a chem wearing off, even if I've been sober for a long time. I have also had a glitch where the computer said I got addicted to something, but I didn't suffer any penalties and it didn't show up on the Effects screen. Weird stuff.
---
"I'll let my guns do the preaching."
#9RampagingwalrusPosted 1/23/2011 4:57:08 PM
Sometimes I get the random effect of Fixer, or a chem wearing off, even if I've been sober for a long time. I have also had a glitch where the computer said I got addicted to something, but I didn't suffer any penalties and it didn't show up on the Effects screen. Weird stuff.

Probably one of your companions used a chem, and the Courier suffering the visual effects of it.
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)
#10HolyGigoPosted 1/23/2011 5:05:18 PM
Hm... I know that companions can use Buffout, but other chems? What if I don't place the items in their inventories? Are those creeps stealing my chems???? (readies Riot Shotgun)

Actually, don't Super Stimpaks cause that effect when they wear off? Maybe that's what it is... I always give those to followers because I hate the debuff.

Okay, I'm going to accept that as the reason for now... the super stimpak explanation sounds the most logical.
---
"I'll let my guns do the preaching."