Ok why is Ulysses such a big deal?

#1ChillBro24Posted 9/13/2011 7:53:24 PM
Everybody talks about him as if hes the most important character in the game. All he did was choose not to deliver your package, so what??
---
cool story bro
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 9/13/2011 7:54:05 PM
Because that is what the writers of the game want.
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)
#3RossardPosted 9/13/2011 7:55:18 PM
ChillBro24 posted...
Everybody talks about him as if hes the most important character in the game. All he did was choose not to deliver your package, so what??

Well I think a lot of the point of Lonesome Road is to explain why that (and he) is important.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/LeftCoastRyda/
#4Dreadsword101Posted 9/13/2011 7:57:55 PM
Because he has had so many references to him stuffed into the add-ons that the fanbase will probably explode with rage when they play Lonesome Road and find that both Ulysses and Lonesome Road do not live up to all the hype and references.
#5DoctorScrapsPosted 9/13/2011 7:58:34 PM
The game itself makes a subtle big deal over him, hinting just enough that the guy has a motive, and it somehow involves you, and they aren't telling until Lonesome Road.

...I am really hoping it's not some sort of metaphysical philisophical nonesense, and Ulysses was trying to forge me into some sort of "Chosen One".
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#6HaywoodJBMPosted 9/13/2011 7:58:49 PM
Because he is referenced in all(Dead Money not sure) of the dlcs and in the main game, as he saw your name on the list below him and let you deliver the package., possibly knowing that you would get killed. It can be inferred through dialogue with other characters that he is well known and possibly violent/cruel/holds-a grudge-type-character, and that you will have a battle with him.

I guess thats a good enough reason as to why he is important.
---
my gamertag is: BlazerKill
Minecraft IGN: MottoScotto
#7pkmnpkmnPosted 9/13/2011 8:02:24 PM
Because he's your father's brother's cousin's former roommate
---
2 atoms walk into a bar, one says I think I lost an electron, the other says really? the first says I'm positive ~wadsworth
#8tw1g_007Posted 9/13/2011 8:03:47 PM
Because Ulysses is the coming of Black Jesus. (Finally)
---
Gunlance FAQ can be found @ the minegarde video section [ http://forums.minegarde.com/forum/67-video-guides/ ] (The FAQ Roughly @ 70% completion)
#9RampagingwalrusPosted 9/13/2011 8:06:56 PM
tw1g_007 posted...

The first Jesus, was black... so, I think you meant to say: "The second coming of Black Jesus."
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)
#10DoctorScrapsPosted 9/13/2011 8:09:04 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

The first Jesus, was black... so, I think you meant to say: "The second coming of Black Jesus."

As Eddie Murphey put it...
"The Bible describes Jesus as having skin of bronze and hair like a wooly lamb. I'm sorry, but that's a [N-Word]!"
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.