Abandoned BOS Bunker WHAT!?

#1The_HighPosted 9/28/2011 7:51:27 PM(edited)
So I started a new character to see what a playthrough would be like with the GRA weapons and finally got to the point where I was ready to do Dead Money... and the BOS bunker is locked.

Is there a key ANYWHERE? (Don't think there is... but one can hope.)

Deleting the title update causes a title screen freeze, so that's out. (Someone said it was the patch that screwed it up.)

Any fixes anyone is aware of? (I've tried the usual reload an old save etc... so spare me those)
---
"Ars Longa, Vita Brevis, Occasio Praeceps, Experimentum Periculosum, Iudicium Difficile."
-Hippocrates
#2The_404sPosted 9/28/2011 7:52:38 PM
Gee, that's a tough one.

Try clearing your cache.
If that doesn't work, remove the DLC and re-install it.
#3The_High(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 7:53:27 PM
Clearing the cache is the same as deleting the fifth title update. No joy.
---
"Ars Longa, Vita Brevis, Occasio Praeceps, Experimentum Periculosum, Iudicium Difficile."
-Hippocrates
#4The_High(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 8:02:00 PM
For the record I'm going to save right in front of the bunker, go delete Dead Money, load the game in front of the bunker sans-Dead Money... save again... then re-download Dead Money (whew) and see if that works. I'll come back later and say whether it fixed it or not... I know I'm not the only one with this problem.
---
-Hippocrates
#5WandrianPosted 9/29/2011 6:47:21 AM(edited)
No, you're very far from being the only person with the issue. It's common, the fix stated by 404s works. </topic>

EDIT: And no, clearing the cache will not remove your title update for New Vegas. Take a look on your hard drive and you'll see the update is quite visible. Other title updates are hidden files. This one isn't.
#6GRDHustleBanksPosted 9/29/2011 7:42:41 AM

Happened to me I had to delete deadmoney,redownload while not playing the game. and then strart the game back up.

#7HatchetHoundPosted 9/29/2011 8:05:05 AM
Clearing the cache is the same as deleting the fifth title update. No joy.

You can clear this specific game's cache by holding, I think LB, RB, and X as soon as the screen goes black when you start the game up. Keep holding them until the Bethesda screen fades in.
---
I'm in a man's apartment and I'm addicted to spray paint.
That is ALL you need to KNOW!
#8The_High(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2011 11:46:16 AM
Fixed it with the method of my previous post.

Saved in front of the bunker.

Deleted Dead Money.

Loaded game in front of bunker (and got the usual "This save has items from bla bla" but with an option to continue anyway)

Saved again.

Re-downloaded Dead Money.

Loaded the save and waited for Dead Money to initialize... and it unlocked the bunker.

...now all I have to do is hope it somehow doesn't get locked again when I try and leave...
---
-Hippocrates
#9WandrianPosted 9/29/2011 12:00:41 PM
The same method works if you are locked in the bunker as well. Have fun with that though ^_~
#10White_D3vi1Posted 9/29/2011 12:58:23 PM
The High posted...
Fixed it with the method of my previous post.

Saved in front of the bunker.

Deleted Dead Money.

Loaded game in front of bunker (and got the usual "This save has items from bla bla" but with an option to continue anyway)

Saved again.

Re-downloaded Dead Money.

Loaded the save and waited for Dead Money to initialize... and it unlocked the bunker.

...now all I have to do is hope it somehow doesn't get locked again when I try and leave...

I had a problem with this method. After I beat Dead Money, none of my companions ever gave me the option to send them back to Lucky 38 again. They all will only be dismissed and go "home".