Missiles into rockets???

#1boneywingsPosted 10/23/2011 5:41:11 PM
take from the wiki: Missiles can be converted into rockets in any workbench. The number of rockets received will be double the amount of missiles converted.

I've never heard of this what are rockets what do they do? or Is this just some random BS that ended up on the wiki?
#2pkmnpkmnPosted 10/23/2011 5:43:16 PM
Ammo for red glare, only applicable if you have LR, also red glare is weak, it's a rocket sniper but the rockets are too weak.
---
A neutron walks into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a drink?" To which the bartender replies, "For you, no charge! ~wadsworth
#3hauntbotPosted 10/23/2011 5:44:28 PM
boneywings posted...
take from the wiki: Missiles can be converted into rockets in any workbench. The number of rockets received will be double the amount of missiles converted.

I've never heard of this what are rockets what do they do? or Is this just some random BS that ended up on the wiki?

rockets are ammo for a weapon from lonesome road. you need lonesome road to use the recipe.

in hardcore its great to do, though- missiles weigh 1.50, and rockets only weigh .50, but 2 rockets have the same value as 1 missile, so youre converting 1.5 lbs into 1 lb with the same value.
---
NV 4 LYFE!!!1111(not changing dis sig until fo4 comes out.... or my a.d.d. distracts me & i sig something stupid)
#4hauntbotPosted 10/23/2011 5:45:15 PM
pkmnpkmn posted...
Ammo for red glare, only applicable if you have LR, also red glare is weak, it's a rocket sniper but the rockets are too weak.

its long range, but made for carpet bombing, not sniping. it isnt terrible, but it does feel a bit underwhelming. :/
---
NV 4 LYFE!!!1111(not changing dis sig until fo4 comes out.... or my a.d.d. distracts me & i sig something stupid)
#5boneywings(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 5:48:04 PM
sounds pretty cool I'm sure I'll try it when I get LR.

anyone ever tried this with demo expert/ the perk that makes explosions bigger? how is it then?
#6hauntbotPosted 10/23/2011 5:55:03 PM
boneywings posted...
sounds pretty cool I'm sure I'll try it when I get LR.

anyone ever tried this with demo expert/ the perk that makes explosions bigger? how is it then?

imo theres better options for flat out killing, but its great for carpet bombing. use it from crazy range to cripple whole groups of enemies, then switch over to melee/unarmed/another precision ranged instrument to mop up. definitely isnt that great for characters that like to eliminate enemies from stealth.
---
#7AlleRacingPosted 10/23/2011 10:45:14 PM

It's actually fairly strong. Not as strong as Mercy, sure, but it's about even/slightly better than the regular grenade machine gun, and holy hell the projectiles fly fast!
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#8grand_kaizerPosted 10/23/2011 10:49:23 PM
I cleaned one of the dry lakes with it. You get it in a place where everything has big DTs, so it feels underwhelming there. Then you use it in places with weaker enemies and it just vaporises them all at awesome speeds.
---
"Anywhere is within walking distance, as long as you have the time."
[The Official Robert House of the Fallout: New Vegas Boards]