Level Cap

#1tw1239875Posted 2/28/2010 7:52:05 PM
What do you think the level cap will be. It would nice if it were higher than 30.
---
My Signature Is That I Dont Have A Signature
#2IAppleJuiceIPosted 2/28/2010 8:07:29 PM
The Level Cap Was Said To Be 30.
---
GT: AppleJeZus <<< Add It
#3jiminyjamPosted 2/28/2010 8:18:10 PM
I don't want it to be 30. When it's too high you become god-like and it takes all of the fun out of it. I want to be excited when I find ammo/food/water/anything I can actually use. When there is too much stuff it takes all the fun out of the game. Once you get to like level 10 in FO3 you're already rich enough to buy anything you could ever want. Took all of the "fight for your life/survival" aspect out of the game
---
AIDS
#4IAppleJuiceIPosted 2/28/2010 8:28:25 PM
Ya I Agree In A Sense,
I Actually Wish It Were Higher, Not So You Can Get All The Perks, In Fact, I Would Like You To Get A Perk Every Couple Levels, I Want It To Be Higher Because I Want To Here That Sweet Leveling Up Sound xD
Lol
But Unfortunately A Level Cap Of 30 Has Been Confirmed...
---
GT: AppleJeZus <<< Add It
#5monskeyPosted 2/28/2010 9:10:01 PM
I don't want it to be 30. When it's too high you become god-like and it takes all of the fun out of it.

All they have to do is increase the amount of XP needed to level up so you don't level so fast.

Once you get to like level 10 in FO3 you're already rich enough to buy anything you could ever want.

I believe this will be fixed(at least in hardcore mode) because the main reason it was so easy to make money was because we had enough carry-ability to grab a bunch of stuff from dead enemies and sell it all. So if weight was added to ammo then you carry less therefore have less loot to sell.
#6Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/28/2010 10:06:47 PM
i really just hope its enough to where you cant easily max every skill. in FO3 every character ended up being great at everything so by the higher levels, all characters felt pretty much the same. i would prefer it that you basically had to choose your specialties and couldnt max everything.

for me , that would have taken a game like FO3 with already great replayability, (i just started another new character yesterday and have been playing basically nonstop since release) and made it even better. i just think that if they limited skills at least a little bit, that it could really help to make different playthroughs feel unique from one another.
---
Slaughter is the best medicine. Join the new vegas enclave today!!! Sigma HOOOOOO!!!!!
#7monskeyPosted 2/28/2010 10:08:20 PM
^So your basically saying take out reading? Or Less books?
---
GT: Cancersigns
Heavily anticipating Infinite Space.
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/28/2010 10:23:29 PM
^^ well no. i actually liked the idea of skill books and i realize that it was possible to max all skills in the core game with a little work. but at least with that you had to do some work in order to max skills. with the cap at level 30 though, it made the books almost useless and it made it extremely easy to max every skill.

to clarify. i wouldnt hate it if it were possible to max all of your skills, but i didnt like that the extra levels made it so easy to do. i dont think they planned on expanding the cap from the beginning or else i think they should have balanced it better. thats why i dont want them to expand the level cap after its set.
---
Slaughter is the best medicine. Join the new vegas enclave today!!! Sigma HOOOOOO!!!!!
#9monskeyPosted 3/1/2010 7:44:34 AM
Well since they are already starting with the level cap at 30 I doubt they will be raising it further. I don't even think this will have nearly as much expansion as the last game.

They could always just reduce the number the SP you get per level. I personally wouldn't like that. Unlike you I didn't max out all my stats, I collected about 75% -85% of all the books and only maxed out the stats I actually used so my energy weapons was relatively low at the end. So I personally don't have a problem with this, I'd rather it take a lot longer to level.
---
GT: Cancersigns
Heavily anticipating Infinite Space.
#10Bert1123581321Posted 3/1/2010 9:04:41 AM

"I don't want it to be 30. When it's too high you become god-like and it takes all of the fun out of it. I want to be excited when I find ammo/food/water/anything I can actually use. When there is too much stuff it takes all the fun out of the game. Once you get to like level 10 in FO3 you're already rich enough to buy anything you could ever want. Took all of the "fight for your life/survival" aspect out of the game"

Yes. My best memory from Fallout 3 was, soon after leaving the vault, I encountered three talon mercs. I obviously had to run away from them, as I was too weak to fight them straight up. I went to megaton, did a few easy things, and scrounged together barely enough caps to buy a missile launcer. I then went back to where the mercs were, lured them near a car, blew up the car and killed them. Now that I'm level thirty, I don't have to strategize and financially plan to this degree.