Dual Wielding..?

#11akuma634Posted 3/18/2010 10:17:58 PM
No, this isn't that kind of game. You're not supposed to be Master Chief, you're supposed to be an average Joe cast out into the wasteland who starts with a clean slate. You've never fired a gun in your life so you can't just pick up a gun and have 100% perfect aim, let alone carrying a gun in each hand like a John Woo movie.
---
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/akuma634/a.gif
http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/Metalyger/avatar-body.png
#12XinSonPosted 3/18/2010 10:18:06 PM
I think it could be a perk if you have high strength and high endurence to hte last 5-10 levels.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2hgh84l.jpg
#13HatchetHoundPosted 3/18/2010 10:22:16 PM
As ridiculous as becoming a cyborg or post-apocolyptic ninja that fights aliens and barters with zombies?

And is also part tree.

---
Saying Tim Curry did a good job is like saying "The sun is hot." - Some user I don't remember the name of.
#14SinisterSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 11:35:44 PM
akuma634 Posted 3/18/2010 11:17:58 PM
"No, this isn't that kind of game. You're not supposed to be Master Chief, you're supposed to be an average Joe cast out into the wasteland who starts with a clean slate."

1) You don't come from a Vault in New Vegas. And Fallout has never been about being average. And you may not literally be Master Chief, but by the end of Fallout 3, you can be part cyborg, be given genetically enhanced strength, wear power armor, and turn back an Alien invasion with the help of a tiny female that unlocks doors for you.

"You've never fired a gun in your life"

2) In Fallout 3, you are given a BB gun as a child, and you possibly practice with it (which is why you can pick Small Guns as a tag skill). And in New Vegas, your past likely has military ties. It's completely reasonable to imagine your character may have experience with firearms.

"so you can't just pick up a gun and have 100% perfect aim, let alone carrying a gun in each hand like a John Woo movie."

3) I've already mentioned that, as a (potential) drawback, dual wielding would have a 0.75 x (Governing weapon skill) modifier. Dual wielding would give you a penalty to aim (and likely damage) to make single-wielding a viable alternative.
---
Parsons: "'The art of fighting without fighting'? Show me some of it."
Lee: "Later."
#15SubverterPosted 3/19/2010 9:30:54 AM
Dual wielding could be done, might even be cool, but personally I don't think will, or even should appear in fallout, but whatever. Even if it was though, you shouldn't be able to dual wield big-guns. I don't care how strong or baddass you are, you can't shoot a mini-gun with one hand, even if YOU were capable of the feat (and I'm not gonna say some dude/chick who was strong already, and was wearing power armor couldn't be), I strongly doubt the weapon itself would allow it, there are two handles on a mini-gun one in the front that bears most of the weight, and most of the recoil, and one in the rear of the gun that is mostly just used to pivot/aim the gun, and it has the trigger, so that's the one you would be holding. So even If you had the strength to hold the gun up and fire it like that, the rear handle would very likely snap off after you fired a dozen rounds, because it was never designed for that type of abuse. Also, I have no doubt that the terminator was strong enough to attempt this sort of thing, but when given the chance he still used both hands to fire the mini-gun. And if the terminator thought it was a bad idea, I'm going to have to agree. As for some other big guns, like the flamer, and rocket launcher... well, I just don't know, and I don't have any examples of baddass super heroes to back me up, but I say that if one of the big guns has to be off-limits to dual-wielding, then they all do.
#16XuneloxPosted 3/19/2010 11:32:32 AM
OMG DUAL WIELDING MIRV?? DAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!
No it wouldn't...
---
Mod me. Mod me hard, baby. Harder! 3KL ME! Oh yes, give me a warning! SUSPEND ME. OH GOD YES. ~Mierin Eronaile
#17SeahawkerPosted 3/19/2010 12:11:02 PM
No way should big guns EVER be dual wield-able. How would you change out the ammo? Lets say I take two missile launchers to dual wield. how would I reload them after I fire my two shots? Lets say I found a group of several super mutants and fire my two shots at them, how long do you think it would take to reload both? It already takes around 5 seconds with only one to reload, but I'm supposed to reload both before the muties are in firing range? Please answer how reloading would work if both hands are occupied with its own weapon.
---
feces, urine, making love, a bad woman, a good woman, your biological father, and breasts
#18SinisterSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2010 12:58:35 PM
A) You use hotkeys to switch to something else.
B) You set one down, and reload the other, then reverse.
C) Try not to suck with missiles so that you don't have to worry about the muties getting in range.
D) Belt-feeder weapon customizations. (for non-missile launchers)
E) You stick them behind your back until magical gnomes reload them for you, just like in Halo.
F) You grow a third arm out of your chest like the image for that one perk.

Yeah, reloading animations would definitely be an issue, but I don't see them as a deal-breaker.
---
Parsons: "'The art of fighting without fighting'? Show me some of it."
Lee: "Later."
#19Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/19/2010 1:19:30 PM
at very most, it should be limited to pistols with an extreme extreme accuracy penalty. seriously? dual wielding miniguns? just think about how ridiculous that is. it is not possible for a human.

hell, its almost unreal for a human to wield a single minigun, let alone 2. lets leave halo to be halo and keep fallout as the awesome game it is. It really doesnt even add much depth to combat.
---
Slaughter is the best medicine. Join the new vegas enclave today!!! Sigma HOOOOOO!!!!!
#20XuneloxPosted 3/19/2010 1:29:02 PM
No way should big guns EVER be dual wield-able. How would you change out the ammo? Lets say I take two missile launchers to dual wield. how would I reload them after I fire my two shots? Lets say I found a group of several super mutants and fire my two shots at them, how long do you think it would take to reload both? It already takes around 5 seconds with only one to reload, but I'm supposed to reload both before the muties are in firing range? Please answer how reloading would work if both hands are occupied with its own weapon.

Calm down...it's just a joke from a while ago
---
Mod me. Mod me hard, baby. Harder! 3KL ME! Oh yes, give me a warning! SUSPEND ME. OH GOD YES. ~Mierin Eronaile