Fallout 3 returning characters?

#1guillermo5050Posted 5/16/2010 3:53:16 PM
What characters do you think will return from the capital wasteland? Dr. Li seems like a good bet because she just disapears at the end.
---
How the HELL do you plant seedless watermelons?
#2Lunar_SavagePosted 5/16/2010 4:28:08 PM
She went to the commonwealth. One of the NPCs tells you this.
---
Official contributor to the Legendary *Parks Car* Topic
If you're going to type my name, do me a favor and use a space where the worthless underscore is.
#3DragonFacedPosted 5/16/2010 4:31:01 PM
Dogmeat.

It's only been three years so I can't imagine why not.

(other than the LW being his current master but they can conveniently step over that and leave it as a mystery)

---
~Also known as Sir Danny of the douchebag famine kingdom~
#4wannabe_AuronPosted 5/16/2010 4:34:29 PM
In New Vegas, FO3 never happened.

you must remember that Obsidian is making this, the creators of Fallout, to them, Bethesda probably screwed up pretty hard in the last one (managed to kill-off harold >.<) so according to them, the story of FO3 never happened in the story of New Vegas
---
I have dedicated my life to Auron66, my lord and savior.
I love you Auron <3 (I love you too Boxxy :3)
#5wannabe_AuronPosted 5/16/2010 4:34:58 PM
And they have confirmed that Harold is in the game ^.^
---
I have dedicated my life to Auron66, my lord and savior.
I love you Auron <3 (I love you too Boxxy :3)
#6Lunar_SavagePosted 5/16/2010 4:35:15 PM
^Dogmeat is a more likely possibility. However, it won't be the LW's Dogmeat.

Throughout the games, they've used different dogs for Dogmeat. The original Dogmeat officially died near the end of Fallout 1 in the canon according to the Fallout Bible. Though, in the game, he never officially dies. It was something they wrote in the canon AFTER the game was released.
---
If you're going to type my name, do me a favor and use a space where the worthless underscore is.
#7Lunar_SavagePosted 5/16/2010 4:36:45 PM
In New Vegas, FO3 never happened.

you must remember that Obsidian is making this, the creators of Fallout, to them, Bethesda probably screwed up pretty hard in the last one (managed to kill-off harold >.<) so according to them, the story of FO3 never happened in the story of New Vegas

Link please.

I remember the devs stating that there would be references to Fallout 3 near the end of the game.

Also, when did they confirm Harold!?!?! Cuz if it's true that is just pure win right there.
---
#8DragonFacedPosted 5/16/2010 5:06:08 PM
Like said, Obsidian have already confirmed there will be a reference or two to FO3. No big follow up on what happened but obviously they're not going to pretend it didn't happen. FO3 was immensely popular, I would imagine they're not stupid enough to try to wipe a game that increased the size of the FO fanbase by a huge margin out of continuity.

Major high five to them if they figured out a way to get Harold from those nutcases in the oasis. Wouldn't feel right without him.

Hopefully he keeps mutating (to humorous effect) and transforming until about six games from now he does becomes some weird epic building size FEV kaiju.

---
#9DragonFacedPosted 5/16/2010 5:08:14 PM
"(managed to kill-off harold >.<)"

Harold doesn't die if you convince him that he's helping the capital wasteland and the oasis way of life so yeah, actually, canonically, he's probably just peachy as always.

---
#10i b LinKPosted 5/16/2010 5:17:45 PM

They never said they are treating it as if FO3 never existed. They just mentioned that it will not be following up on FO3 and little* to no connection at all. Basically it's just happening different area/different time, but still the the same FO universe.

*When I say little, I mean character cameos and some back story reference (e.g. BoS).

---
What?!
GameFAQs, where there's an opinion... there's a fight.