character building

#1joshua_nashPosted 6/24/2010 7:28:13 AM
just wondering how many of you actually plan out every last detail for your character build? (as in which stats you put points in and what perks your going to get when you level up)

the only reason i ask is when i played Fallout 3 i did that even before i put the disk in my 360, used the strat guide and some FAQ's off here to help me out the planing of my character build, it made the game more fun have it all planned out before playing so i could focus on enjoying the game, i also plan on do that again for this game

hope i made that clear enough for everyone to understand, if i didn't i'm sorry
---
Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!
Skies of arcadia should be released on xbox live & psn in full HD
#2Xian_OvergearPosted 6/24/2010 7:36:17 AM
We don't know what the perks are so it's pretty hard to plan ahead
---
FFCC: Echoes of Time friendcode 3996-2544-3086
#3Argyle_GargoylePosted 6/24/2010 7:54:57 AM
the first run in FO3 was kinda trial and error for what was good and what wasnt. once all the info gets out there, itll be easier to plan out a build, but with some of the cjanges that obsidian has made, things that were useless in FO3 could be pretty essential in new vegas.

i welcome this cause it will add more depth and flavor for different character builds. hopefully different builds will feel different and all characters will not be the same by the end of the game
---
Slaughter is the best medicine. Join the new vegas enclave today!!! Sigma HOOOOOO!!!!!
#4leebulaPosted 6/24/2010 8:26:16 AM
I did this for fallout 3, and I plan to do this for new vegas as soon as more details are known about the game.
#5joshua_nash(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2010 9:52:59 AM
well does anybody plan to get eh official strat guide to help with planing out their character build?
---
Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!
Skies of arcadia should be released on xbox live & psn in full HD
#6MastercosmoPosted 6/24/2010 10:19:31 AM

I prefer the "improvisation" and "trial and error" feeling of just doing it as I go along. Later on when I start role playing with new characters is when I'll plan out the builds.

#7TheDragonManiacPosted 6/24/2010 10:27:08 AM
I think that I speak in the name of all of us that we dont have enough details to know what we want.
when I will know enough I will plan my character
#8jiminyjamPosted 6/24/2010 3:53:44 PM
No way jose. I'm gonna do it how I want until I find something that works. It takes the fun out of it if I'm having other people play the game for me. I don't check the walkthroughs or anything until I beat the game.
---
AIDS
#9vangopherPosted 6/24/2010 6:55:06 PM
Well, their definitely wont be a "perfect" build with traits being in the game. And with the generalization of some skills, and the creation of others, and EVERY one being important, most all characters will be unique.

Want to be a swashbuckling pistoleer with a silver tongue?
Want to be mussel-bound hard-ass with the brain of a monkey?
Or a prodigal genius with arms like soft pillows and a knack for energy weapons?
Perhaps, a rugged survivalist with a steady shot, a sharp eye, and can blend in any envornment?

The possibilities are endless!