melee or unarmed

#1mgs234Posted 6/27/2010 1:41:53 PM
In FO3 I was unarmed and I thought it was really good. I was wondering if any one thinks that melee will be better then unarmed in vegas. Please don't tell me that both suck because they don't and the deathclaw is god like.
#2justingriffin19Posted 6/27/2010 2:01:52 PM
Nah stick with unarmed its BAD***
---
I dont know......Fly casual....
#3thatmovingbushPosted 6/27/2010 2:18:53 PM
this^. Nothing like killing an 8 ft monstrosity with your bare hands.
---
The board wanderer
#4Auron66Posted 6/27/2010 2:20:37 PM
Unarmed! It's the way of the Warrior. Weapons may break, but your fists... Your fists will always be a part of you! Literally and figuratively speaking of course.
---
Two great European narcotics, alcohol and Christianity. - Friedrich Nietzsche
#5mixedlionPosted 7/3/2010 11:04:22 AM
I hope both are good in Fallout: NV. I've played both unarmed and melee characters and both got the short end of the stick in Fallout 3 (as far as animations go).

Since melee weapons are going to be getting some VATS moves, I'm sure unarmed characters will too.

Personally like unarmed characters myself. Taking down multiple enemies with your fists (and feet) beats having to use a weapon anyday.
---
Disbelief and skepticism is alright. Stupidity is NOT alright.
#6GeneralKenobi85Posted 7/3/2010 11:50:34 AM
Unarmed. Paralyzing Palm makes you invincible.
---
its right on the tip of my tongue, but its not quite coming - hauntbot
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
#7InfinityZEROPosted 7/3/2010 7:26:08 PM

Unarmed! It's the way of the Warrior. Weapons may break, but your fists... Your fists will always be a part of you! Literally and figuratively speaking of course.

Almost no one willing finishes F3 with bare fists. At Unarmed 100 and 3 Iron Fists, you do 40 damage (if that one FAQ about fists doing 1/4 the skill level is correct). Which is garbage compared to what you COULD be doing with Unarmed weapons. You want to take on a Feral Ghoul Reaver with 40 damage? **** that, almost no warriors use bare fists.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#8InfinityZEROPosted 7/3/2010 7:27:50 PM
It's too bad you should actually do both skills in order to do Ninja in F3. So even if want to do just Unarmed, it isn't a really good idea compared to what you could do at level 20+.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#9Dan11223344Posted 7/3/2010 8:31:17 PM

true fists only do 40dmg but when you have paralyzing palm.. well, i was killing deathclaws with bare fists. Also you can let out like 8-10 punches in VATS which means 8-10 punches whilst invincible to attack.

You can paralyze a whole room of raiders then burn em with a flamer or blow em up with a grenage lol

#10MorbidFaithlessPosted 7/3/2010 8:59:49 PM
Unarmed is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Realistically, a man with a minigun will defeat the man using just his fists, 100 percent of the time. I know games aren't realistic, but it's stupid when a woman can beat a SUPER MUTANT or YAO GUAI to death with her fists. That's just idiotic.