New Vegas Character Build Ideas

#1mpimp48Posted 8/8/2010 9:07:18 PM
So...

Fallout 3: Best thing to do is put your Intel to 9 then run to Rivet City to get the bobble head. That'll give you over 100 extra skill points to deal out by the end of the game. Find all the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. bobble heads and you can get pretty much all the skills in the game as you level.

Fallout New Vegas: There are no bobble heads, the replacements for them don't raise skill or stat (so what do they do?). As far as I know there are no ways to permanently raise your S.P.E.C.I.A.L.; even skill books only give you temporary raises.

So what's the plan? Charisma was not all to important for Fallout 3, if that stays the same perhaps drop that to help build your character. (I go with an Agility character most of the time).

Anyone know more about character builds for Fallout: New Vegas? Is there something I'm completely missing out on?

Peace~
#2primusninePosted 8/8/2010 9:21:08 PM
I dunno any specifics, but I never worry too about the whole maxing thing. Figure I want to play a game as "me" to the best of my abilities.

I'm average in most regards, but pretty intelligent and easy to talk to apparently, so Intelligence and Charisma will get taken to 7 or 8.

Strong, but not he-man, so Strength left at 5, but I tire easily if I push myself too hard, so Endurance will be 4.

I have great vision, and am analytical as hell, so Perception will go up a couple of points too.

Anything left over will go into luck, as I consider myself extremely lucky at the worst of times. Things just seem to go my way!

(Not gambling though... Roulette hates me. Hoping to change that in New Vegas!)
#3primusninePosted 8/8/2010 9:22:00 PM
Ack... Too MUCH. Essayrapewreckingbrain!
#4Chain-AngelPosted 8/8/2010 9:27:32 PM

Skill books do raise them permanently. It is the new addition of skill magazines, which is a temporary raise, that you are thinking of.

#5mpimp48(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2010 8:44:07 AM
So there's skill books and skill magazines. Gotcha.

Still neither of those are supposed to effect stat/S.P.E.C.I.A.L. correct?