Weapon Attachments

#1CUB10001Posted 8/9/2010 4:12:55 AM
When i hear people talk about Fallouts brand new Weapon Attachments all i hear about is Extended Magazines and Snipe Scopes, Im not trolling but i expect a lot more if this is going to be a worthwile part of the game
#2reaver894Posted 8/9/2010 4:15:07 AM
You can mess around with bullets aswell IIRC

---
I refuse to buy a Wii until it has a game that uses a Fleshlight as an attachment!
GamerTag: reaver894
#3Solusx2Posted 8/9/2010 5:14:03 AM
If they do it well (which I assume they will) be for sure a worthwhile addition to the games weapons system.
#4VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/9/2010 5:21:36 AM
Based on Obsidian's history with weapon attachment/customization systems, I expect there is a lot more to it than they have announced, but I won't get my hopes up too much, lest I be disappointed... But with KotOR 2 and NWN 2, they had amazing systems, so I would think they will do just as well in F:NV.
---
Sarcasm: Because even when it fails to hit home, it still makes the target look stupid.-Lucis_Ferre
(Founder - IRDC) Waiting for KH:BBS, F:NV, SW:TFU2, inF2
#5evildarkscotPosted 8/9/2010 5:25:44 AM
vamp i loved KOTOR2 but tshe mods sucked a little most either did same thing or were useless
i aint trying to bad mouth it i just hope they do it better it this one

and again i loved KOTOR2;)
---
POST MAY CONTAIN NO USAGE OF PROPER GRAMMAR.
I reject your reality and substitute my own. We're not truly happy until we focus on others.
#6VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/9/2010 5:34:21 AM
Well, yes, there were a lot of attachments that did essentially the same, or were useless, but at least they had a lot, and it was more expansive than KotOR 1.

I would think if it is as expansive (if not more so) than KotOR 2, then it will be a lot better, with actually useful attachments and whatnot.

We'll just have to wait and see though...
---
Sarcasm: Because even when it fails to hit home, it still makes the target look stupid.-Lucis_Ferre
(Founder - IRDC) Waiting for KH:BBS, F:NV, SW:TFU2, inF2
#7vangopherPosted 8/9/2010 7:15:01 AM
from what i understand you can swap out rarer ammo, think Bioshock 2, shotguns will probably have slugs that are super accurate and powerful.
While, i think one example was swapping the grenades in the grenade machine gun with incendiary grenades.
#8Hay_StackPosted 8/9/2010 11:50:44 AM
You can choose what ammo you load into your weapons, such as standard ammo, JSP, Wadcutters, and different types of grenades. Mods include (only ones we know of): extended magazines, custom actions (could make a non automatic weapon automatic or faster loading/fire), scopes, reduced coiling time for miniguns, and turning the grenade launcher into a pump action 3-shot launcher.

---
There is only one place you can relax while being haunted by bots, annoying Jay-birds, and false gods.
#9FOOTBALLfan0014Posted 8/9/2010 1:34:14 PM
There was also a high-speed mod for the grenade machine gun.

Sounds like it would eat through your grenades quickly but thats a good counterbalance to the higher rate of fire i guess.
#10SkytheWiz1Posted 8/9/2010 1:51:04 PM

If it's on par with KoToR2, I won't complain.

I just hope they don't do what Ubi Montreal did with Splinter Cell Conviction as opposed to R6: Vegas 2's customization system with weapon attachments. It was a horrible step back.

I'm also curious if weapon attachments will magically be sealed on or if they'll actually be attachments and have the ability to be removed.