Weapon Attachments

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Weapon Attachments
5 years ago#1
When i hear people talk about Fallouts brand new Weapon Attachments all i hear about is Extended Magazines and Snipe Scopes, Im not trolling but i expect a lot more if this is going to be a worthwile part of the game
5 years ago#2
You can mess around with bullets aswell IIRC

---
I refuse to buy a Wii until it has a game that uses a Fleshlight as an attachment!
GamerTag: reaver894
5 years ago#3
If they do it well (which I assume they will) be for sure a worthwhile addition to the games weapons system.
5 years ago#4
Based on Obsidian's history with weapon attachment/customization systems, I expect there is a lot more to it than they have announced, but I won't get my hopes up too much, lest I be disappointed... But with KotOR 2 and NWN 2, they had amazing systems, so I would think they will do just as well in F:NV.
---
Sarcasm: Because even when it fails to hit home, it still makes the target look stupid.-Lucis_Ferre
(Founder - IRDC) Waiting for KH:BBS, F:NV, SW:TFU2, inF2
5 years ago#5
vamp i loved KOTOR2 but tshe mods sucked a little most either did same thing or were useless
i aint trying to bad mouth it i just hope they do it better it this one

and again i loved KOTOR2;)
---
POST MAY CONTAIN NO USAGE OF PROPER GRAMMAR.
I reject your reality and substitute my own. We're not truly happy until we focus on others.
5 years ago#6
Well, yes, there were a lot of attachments that did essentially the same, or were useless, but at least they had a lot, and it was more expansive than KotOR 1.

I would think if it is as expansive (if not more so) than KotOR 2, then it will be a lot better, with actually useful attachments and whatnot.

We'll just have to wait and see though...
---
Sarcasm: Because even when it fails to hit home, it still makes the target look stupid.-Lucis_Ferre
(Founder - IRDC) Waiting for KH:BBS, F:NV, SW:TFU2, inF2
5 years ago#7
from what i understand you can swap out rarer ammo, think Bioshock 2, shotguns will probably have slugs that are super accurate and powerful.
While, i think one example was swapping the grenades in the grenade machine gun with incendiary grenades.
5 years ago#8
You can choose what ammo you load into your weapons, such as standard ammo, JSP, Wadcutters, and different types of grenades. Mods include (only ones we know of): extended magazines, custom actions (could make a non automatic weapon automatic or faster loading/fire), scopes, reduced coiling time for miniguns, and turning the grenade launcher into a pump action 3-shot launcher.

---
There is only one place you can relax while being haunted by bots, annoying Jay-birds, and false gods.
5 years ago#9
There was also a high-speed mod for the grenade machine gun.

Sounds like it would eat through your grenades quickly but thats a good counterbalance to the higher rate of fire i guess.
5 years ago#10

If it's on par with KoToR2, I won't complain.

I just hope they don't do what Ubi Montreal did with Splinter Cell Conviction as opposed to R6: Vegas 2's customization system with weapon attachments. It was a horrible step back.

I'm also curious if weapon attachments will magically be sealed on or if they'll actually be attachments and have the ability to be removed.

1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Weapon Attachments

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived