ed-e my love (spoilers)

#11rickimaruPosted 10/19/2010 6:53:06 PM
up
#12aSquareApplePosted 10/19/2010 7:03:09 PM

I just went to the scrapyard, and talked to the old lady, it updated my quest and as soon as i stopped talking with her ed-e automatically started to play the recording for me.

*SPOILERS*

The recording is done by a researcher or something that works at Adam's airforce base (fallout 3 reference?) and is working on the "e" series of eyebots. I forgot the rest but he also mentions something about hellfire armor.

#13fissureanalePosted 10/20/2010 6:18:26 AM
Probably a script error when you repaired it happend to me to, had to mess around with FO3 Edit and moving the Fallout New Vegas resources into the old Fallout 3 directory to get it to open with FO3 Edit, found the quest ID after a while though. Try bringing up your console with ~ (the key left of "1") and typ "setstage 001572E8 10" with out the "" to get the bot to play you it's message and update you quest. Worked for me.
#14cardicianPosted 10/20/2010 6:20:37 AM

Probably a script error when you repaired it happend to me to, had to mess around with FO3 Edit and moving the Fallout New Vegas resources into the old Fallout 3 directory to get it to open with FO3 Edit, found the quest ID after a while though. Try bringing up your console with ~ (the key left of "1") and typ "setstage 001572E8 10" with out the "" to get the bot to play you it's message and update you quest. Worked for me.

This is the 360 board so obviously none of that applies.

Also, the quest doesn't tell you where to go next but it's still working. Just keep playing and you'll eventually come across other conversations and places that unlock more from ED-E. Eventually the quest continues. Didn't happen for me until much later in the game.
#15hv288Posted 10/20/2010 10:40:14 AM
if u kill old lady u cant do quest now im guessing
---
PSN PRIME69TIME
XBL PRIME69TIME
#16stephenhrnPosted 10/20/2010 12:33:18 PM
I am stuck with this mission as well, but I think I know where I messed up. I talked with the old lady first before getting Ed-e as my companion. "Helios One" is the key word that activates the initial recording. It was no longer an option to talk to her about a second time. I went ahead to Helios One, basically giving up on the Ed-e mission. When I talked with Ignacio I received the key word "Archimedes" and it activated the mission. However, it will not progress past hearing the first recording from Whitley. You are supposed to be able to access further recordings after waiting 9 days. Alas, I never was able to access further recordings.
#17ecko56Posted 10/20/2010 5:29:50 PM
So basically if you spoke to the old woman before fixing ed-e you cant finish the quest until its patched?
---
Blow them Up Stick your hands inside them. And get ready for. The time of your life!!!
#18TheConstablePosted 10/20/2010 6:27:05 PM
(spoiler)

I believe (read online elsewhere and haven't tried cause I'm stuck at work) you have to take ED-E to the Helios building after talking to the old lady at teh scrap yard and you have to talk to the researcher inside about ARCHIMEDES II (not Mr. Fantastic the other guy that talks almost religiously)

after that I believe again that you have to talk to Dr Hildern at Camp McCarran

thats all I found out online but its worth a shot, good luck
---
So he said, "Do you love me?" and she said, "No, but that's a real nice ski mask!"
#19smallz52Posted 10/21/2010 8:37:03 AM

Im into the mission and im stuck at the hidden valley. The brotherhood of steel put an explosive collar on me and told me to eliminate the near by NCR outpost. The compass doesnt help me and the closest thing to an NCR outpost is sloan (which I did eliminate but not what the bos wanted). Anyone know what to do?

#20Dragonsbane2004Posted 10/21/2010 10:03:39 AM
its another bunker in the same fenced in area
---
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. D.A.
Dragonsbane058