Land Mines...

#1AenishaPosted 10/20/2010 8:16:09 PM
The heck is with these things? I cant NEVER see them on the ground like I was able to in Fallout 3, they're live invisible now or some crap. Anyone else having problems with just minding your own business then BAM! there goes your leg?
---
You just got beaten.. by a GIRL!
#2TheVichPosted 10/20/2010 9:03:17 PM
they're especially annoying in hardcore
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and ARRRRRRRR 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Quickly, before ze Germans get here!
#3PennState0411Posted 10/20/2010 9:09:49 PM
The only time I've died in the 15 hours that i've played was due to a random mine on a road lol.
#4WalkerRedPosted 10/20/2010 9:14:57 PM
I was thinking something was up too until I got lucky and hit a couple of mines right after a save. First the color doesn't help but after going back to see what was up, I realized they were underneath things. One was underneath a street cone the other a crate. They just seem to be better hidden this time around. I guess it makes sense. I wouldn't put a mine where everyone could see it either.
#5YushamariPosted 10/20/2010 9:17:26 PM
It could be because they are a new type of mine, called a powder keg. They are smaller, and tend to blend with the ground a lot. They also don't have a shiney red dot on the top like a frag mine. I stepped on so many of them.. it's a b****, and i'm not even ON hardcore. They're especially bad when you go to the prison camp near the NCRCF(?) place, just east of Tipton i believe.
---
---
"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another." Charles Dickens
#6Aenisha(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2010 9:39:12 PM
Yea I came across like 3 there. And I'm playing on Hardcore as well and damn.. having to fast travel back to Goodspring or whatever its called just to pay 50 caps to heal me.. Also, whats up with the Rad Scorpions? They dont take any damage! Need a nuke or something just to crack their shells.
---
You just got beaten.. by a GIRL!
#7YushamariPosted 10/21/2010 4:25:00 PM
No kidding.. I fragged the frick out of them, dropping a good 12 frag mines at 63 damage, shot the hell out of them, punched the f*** out of them with spiked knuckles, and then clubbed them with a lead pipe like a baby seal, and I swear, they only took like 20 damage total. Their health bar barely moved any.. and I understand I'm playing on hard.. but this "damage threshold" they added on is gey as a male stripped in a mens bathroom.
Also, i will randomly lag while playing the game, and the loading time is unbareable.. it took literally 2 minutes to load the Prospectors Saloon, and I'm playing this on a new 360.
---
---
"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another." Charles Dickens
#8Purple_CheetahPosted 10/21/2010 4:29:19 PM
I've noticed they're in rather crafty/evil locations this time more often.
Found 3 tucked under traffic cones, 8-10 buried under dirt/gravel where you only notice them if you look directly at the ground and see the prompt to disarm.
---
Imagine a swarm of deadly hornets pouring from the devil's mouth.
Now imagine they have autocannons.
#9aiRWaLKRePosted 10/21/2010 4:47:41 PM
Also, whats up with the Rad Scorpions? They dont take any damage! Need a nuke or something just to crack their shells.

I think the tail is their weak spot
#10FurioPosted 10/21/2010 4:51:20 PM
haha, I thought it was just because I have 1 for perception! I'm sure that doesn't help, but yeah avoid traffic cones.