vault 22 wtf

#1realskillz1990Posted 10/25/2010 7:20:48 AM
how do you ignite the vents without dying I been trying to figure this out for about an hour. They dont give you any clues at all.
#2IngsmashaPosted 10/25/2010 7:21:36 AM
easy, throw a grenade, run into a room and close the door
---
Phear teh Mammal
T
he Elite Connection -- www.gamerhold.com
#3Wolfwood44Posted 10/25/2010 7:21:52 AM
If you're facing the vents, there is a hall on your left with a door (on your left if facing down said hall).

Open the door, step inside. Throw a grenade around the corner towards the vents and shut the door fast.

That's how I did it.
---
GT: Silt44
PSN: Silt44
#4EverDownwardPosted 10/25/2010 7:23:00 AM
Yeah, I was pretty mad when I kept dying no matter how far away I got.

Then I realized that there's a room right next to the vents. Go in and close the door. Voila.
---
Proud member of the DDA, I'm in love with Kaitlyn from NXT3 <3
#5ShadowedImagePosted 10/25/2010 7:23:08 AM
1 - Hold a Frag you grabbed from Keely's bag.
2 - Stand in the room where you find the data.
3 - Throw the grenade at the vents, close the door to your room before it explodes.
4 - Laugh because you forgot to tell Cass and ED-E to stand in the room with you and they're got knocked out.

That's how I did it, anyway.
---
Als dein Schatten
#6zeroboboPosted 10/25/2010 7:23:23 AM
theres a room near the vents (at least he vents i used) where theres no real plants and its got a bunch of computers in it. should be obvious. that room is completely unaffected by the gas, i threw a grenade from in there and was completely safe. didn't even have to close the door
#7Vault3Posted 10/25/2010 7:25:12 AM
I used c4
#8vespa5Posted 10/25/2010 7:28:25 AM

ShadowedImage posted...
1 - Hold a Frag you grabbed from Keely's bag.
2 - Stand in the room where you find the data.
3 - Throw the grenade at the vents, close the door to your room before it explodes.
4 - Laugh because you forgot to tell Cass and ED-E to stand in the room with you and they're got knocked out.

That's how I did it, anyway.
---
Als dein Schatten

Nice. After dying a couple of times, even trying to outrun the blast through the whole into the caverns, even hiding behind some file cabinets, I finally found out about the room (where you can download the information to complete one of the quests) where you lob a grenade and quickly close the door. What's weird is if you're caught in the explosion, you DIE. If your companion is caught out there (while you hide in safety behind closed doors), he/she just goes unconscious (as well as gets lost, forgets to follow you, fight overpowering enemies with melee attacks when you didn't order them to, not wear better armor that you provide them, etc. etc. etc.)

#9ALTAIR71Posted 10/25/2010 8:13:05 AM

I can't even get the data! Does your lock pick skill really have to be at 75, or is there another way?

#10carfoGAMEFAQPosted 10/25/2010 8:21:17 AM
Look for the room with the computer terminal in it, where that Doctor guy sends you for the quest. I did it with a laser rifle, but a grenade I'm guessing would be easier since it doesn't ignite as soon as you pull the right trigger. Either way, I stood right next to the -Close door- button, pulled the right trigger, hit A to close the door, and the blast went right by me. I originally tried doing it from way down the hall, thinking I'd have more time to escape the flame, but after moving to the room with the computer terminal, I did it the first attempt.