Best Weapons/Armour For High Luck Unarmed/Melee build?

#1_SeVeReD_Posted 10/27/2010 7:40:39 PM
I already finished the game with a sniper character, and I want to try to go through with a Melee/Unarmed character now. I already have the set up I want stat/skill-wise, but I have no idea what kinds of weapons and armours are good for this kind of character?

Can you guys let me know what the best weapon(s) and armour are for a high-luck melee/unarmed character are? I've heard that some hammer called OH, BABY! is good, and I know that Power Armour has the highest DT but I don't really know if that works well with a physical-attacking character or anything else, haha. Thanks in advance!
#2zeroboboPosted 10/27/2010 7:44:09 PM
reinforced leather armor, cus its badass looking.
or the black vangraff combat armor for the same reason.
or the NCR ranger combat armor cus its badass looking.

basically you should wear badass looking armor.
#3PathlessBulletPosted 10/27/2010 7:45:06 PM
I think the question here is why you have high Luck with a Unarmed/Melee build.....
---
"You don't **** with the Mojave. The Mojave ****s you." -mixe
#4KudZuPosted 10/27/2010 7:45:49 PM
Best unarmed weapon for crits is Pushy, the unique displacer glove. Not sure about the best melee weapon, but whatever it is it probably has a blade on it for crits.
#5KudZuPosted 10/27/2010 7:46:51 PM
I think the question here is why you have high Luck with a Unarmed/Melee build.....

That's a stupid question. Unarmed build is best with a crit build. Melee is better with Heavy Handed and low luck, but Unarmed weapons all have high crit multipliers.
#6_SeVeReD_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2010 7:47:42 PM
One of the builds I was looking at that seemed to make sense had high luck, so I figured it was a good idea... I'm assuming it's not? Can someone let me know some real information as far as the weapons and armour go I mean, aside from "it's badass looking" -_-
#7_SeVeReD_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2010 7:49:23 PM
Thanks for the info, Kudzu. How about for armour? What's the best kind I can get for it? Also, does anyone know about the best Melee weapons?
#8KudZuPosted 10/27/2010 7:49:47 PM
Are my posts invisible or something? You do want high crits for unarmed.

Pushy is the weapon you are looking for. 1st Recon Beret for crits. Whatever armor you like best, it depends on what you're going for. No armors give extra crits, and the only armor that gives luck is the Naughty Sleepwear which has no DT.
#9KudZuPosted 10/27/2010 7:50:30 PM
heh Spoke too soon.

What are you going for? Sneaky or resilient?
#10drkpendragonPosted 10/27/2010 7:51:41 PM
Pushy is awesome, but why is it good for criticals? I thought it only had a 1x multiplier? It sounds like Mantis Gauntlet are awesome because they have a 3x critical multiplier and ignore DT. You can get 90% critical chance with them without the 1st Recon Beret.
---
There are no heroes in war.--Metal Gear Solid
God didn't create humans, its humans who created God.