Siding with the NCR sucks

#1HighOnPhazonPosted 11/1/2010 9:26:00 PM
*Spoilers for those who haven't done any significant NCR quests*

So basically after they want you to just kill Mr. House without really giving you a good reason, then they want you to go to the Brotherhood of Steel and pretty much murder them off the face of the planet. I'm thinking, sure I'll go over there and try to find some way to make this work like I did with the Great Khans.

I get to a point where the Brotherhood puts a collar on me and to go "deal" with the NCR Ranger. Me being the good guy that I am agrees. I find the Ranger, tell him to get the hell out because the Brotherhood are being D bags. Suddenly we get attacked by them.

Why does killing the BoS soldiers earn you NEGATIVE KARMA? The ass hats starting attacking US. In defending myself apparently I'm evil as can be and I should have obviously just let them kill me right?

So the only way I could complete this quest was to pretty much commit Genocide of the BoS in the state of Nevada. I mean it wasn't hard, but it just felt...wrong. Like I was killing all of these named NPC's and my Karma was dropping from pretty much Jesus to Satan level.

So now I'm finished with that, and the NCR are like "Oh, good work, here is some insignificant fame increase (I'm still at Accepted even after all the crap I've done for them) and they're like "ok go talk to another jack ass Ranger to protect our jack ass president."

I should have just sided with Mr. House on this playthrough. Oh well there are other playthroughs, but my main enemy next game is going to be the NCR and Colonel Moore is going to be my main target.

Their story line just sucks.
---
HighOnPhazon
#2WyrmcraftPosted 11/1/2010 9:27:26 PM
You can convince the NCR to side with the BoS and you can convince them to not be too pissed with House. Infact you can make the NCR accpet just about any "non evil" faction.
---
"Never pet a burning dog" -Day9
#3doreycolePosted 11/1/2010 9:28:25 PM
The BoS attacked you because you told a NCR Ranger, their enemy, that the BoS are in Hidden Valley, a fact they want to keep secret.
---
GT: doreycole
God Damn Seabreezes
#4Crystal_DreamPosted 11/1/2010 9:28:43 PM
it's just how you play; it's pretty decent
---
GT: TraitortoHeaven, look me up
#5VileaerokPosted 11/1/2010 9:28:44 PM
I liked it, I was more of a peacekeeper and I was able to keep the peace between them- it made my NCR playthru much more relaxing and although I worked 10x harder than it would have been for me to snipe and kill everyone in those places, I kept the peace.

Speech is important.
---
Pokemon HG Friend Code: 2536 9451 9800 --- Name: Aerok
*** My Nuzlocke Run - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/56485537 ***
#6GruntBday567Posted 11/1/2010 9:29:20 PM
You gave away the BoS hideout location, that's why they tried to kill you. Instead you should have speech checked or destroyed the radio.
---
Halo & CoD are like ice cream both are different flavors but you dont see vanilla fight chocolate you just see two idiots fight over which one is better.
#7HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2010 9:29:23 PM
Well my guy isn't exactly the silver tongued devil.

His speech is sitting at a nice low 20, which doesn't really help me be diplomatic with words, but I figured there would have been other ways.

The only way I saw that I could have saved the Ranger and gotten on the BoS's good graces was with speech.
---
GameFaqs forums - The biggest waste of time on the internet
Join the Anti-Weeabo league today!
#8KeeperofthedarkPosted 11/1/2010 9:34:36 PM

Wyrmcraft posted...
You can convince the NCR to side with the BoS and you can convince them to not be too pissed with House. Infact you can make the NCR accpet just about any "non evil" faction.
---
"Never pet a burning dog" -Day9

How do you save House? I thought it was unavoidable.

#9SchneidendPosted 11/1/2010 9:44:25 PM

You have a problem with killing ridiculous, quasi-religious technophile fanatics? They're a blight on the Wasteland. Do everybody a favor and blow their bunker to pieces.

#10hokies1313Posted 11/1/2010 9:46:49 PM
I disagree. Both Mr. House and the BoS are at odds with the ideals and goals of the Republic and need to be dealt with.

Peace and Prosperity for the NCR at any cost!