Killing Caesar and its consequences (Spoilers)

#1jcofjcPosted 11/5/2010 8:10:25 AM
After finishing Ring-A -Ding and getting Caesers mark, I forgot and attacked a Legion camp, became vilified by the legion so I could not enter the Fort peacefully to upgrade the securitron army. So i wiped out all of Cottonwood, and took out the whole Fort, killing Caeser and his whole force (I admit I cheated and used the Alien Blaster). Does anyone know if this has any effect during the final battle, and did anyone else do this also.....?
---
"KA is a wheel"....... Roland Deschain of Gilead
#2SpecSandPosted 11/5/2010 8:13:54 AM
Actually, nothing much happens. The attack still occurs and Legate Lanius is still the final boss. On my initial playthrough, I noticed that the NCR never refers to Caesar once during the last mission.
#3CADE FOSTERPosted 11/5/2010 8:16:31 AM
It is kind of dumb where is caesar during the final battle i dont remember seeing him
---
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z60/majestic17681/katyperrysnlgif.gif
#4jcofjc(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2010 8:16:32 AM
I was wondering because if not for using the Alien Blaster wiping everyone out would be impossible, Caesars Praetorian kill me in two punches before I even raise my gun.
---
#5CADE FOSTERPosted 11/5/2010 8:19:07 AM
yes there ballistic fists are brutal
---
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z60/majestic17681/katyperrysnlgif.gif
#6jcofjc(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2010 8:21:45 AM
Speaking of Legate, badass looking boss just an absolute ammo sponge. That was a fun fight.
---
#7carfoGAMEFAQPosted 11/5/2010 8:25:44 AM
I killed Caesar and one of the NCR NPCs at Hoover Dam said as I strolled by (not in a dialogue box) something like, "I wish I could have seen Caesar's face before he died"
#8PaterBelliPosted 11/5/2010 8:38:45 AM

Actually the fact that he dies has no meaning whatsoever. I suspect that "Caesar's legion" is not named after him as a person, but as a commander. Caesar was also a rank during the Roman Empire.Anyways, killing him has little to no consequences, apart from his few quests being unavaiable

#9Heretic9Posted 11/5/2010 9:37:59 AM
I was wondering because if not for using the Alien Blaster wiping everyone out would be impossible, Caesars Praetorian kill me in two punches before I even raise my gun.

Yeah part of the problem is that the area is such a tight space, you're a sitting duck. My trick was to have Boone wait far away from Caesars tent, towards the entrace to that area. I went into sneak mode and went inside, went into VATs, and killed 3 of the people in the tent, then quickly escaped the tent and ran off the cliff. Caesars goons came running of the tent and ran right into my trap. Me and Boone had enough distance to shoot them all as they chased after me.

I laughed at what boone said afterwards too. It was a fun fight.
---
Eat me
#10InxentasPosted 11/7/2010 4:51:30 PM
I was wondering because if not for using the Alien Blaster wiping everyone out would be impossible

Just did that myself, as I became vilified after speaking with Moore from the NCR and accepting her mission to kill House after recieving the Mark. With a little bit of creativity, the camp can be butchered relatively easy. In any case, I entered the compound disguised as a member of the Legion. That helps, because the Legion remains friendly even when they see you, as long as you keep good distance.

I was able to sneak past EVERYBODY untill I came upon the room that leads to the computer room. It was guarded by a weakling that I could 1HK sneak-crit with a Power Fist (with a meager melee 25 or something, it's more of a backup weapon I keep handy). The room itself was a challenge, as I play a demolition build and quickly got ganged by those Preatorians. Being disguised though, I managed to reverse-pickpocket a frag mine onto one of the Praetorians first. I killed the other two by tossing frag mines everywhere, and took their immensely powerfull Unarmed weapons. I repaired those to make 1 in good condition. I continued to sneak-crit every enemy in the camp, popping a few Pshychos and Jet in dire circumstances.

I did the reverse pickpocket-trick in Ceasars tent again, after rigging a path through the empty camp with mines, C4 and clusters of various grenades. I quickly left the tent and had Caesar, that lap-dog of his, and his entire guard walk into my traps, tossing Incendiaries here and there to contribute to the damage. I then repaired a Chainsaw, dismembered Benny, and draped his remains over Caesars Throne.
---
We are losing A! We are losing B! We are losing C! We are capturing A! We are capturing B! We are capturing C! OMGWTFBBQB Scientists!!!!1!!