Roleplaying Builds and Ideas

#11blutoblutarskyXPosted 11/16/2010 12:54:45 PM
no one is forcing you to use them verbatum-

they are just "generic" builds for common stereotypes that you can use or not, its not like tc is going to come to your house and beat your dog to death for not using the build exactly as is.

the point is to give you ideas to play with for additional run throughs and pick and chose what you like or what you would want to modify on them.
#12Citrate1007Posted 11/16/2010 1:36:16 PM
TC, you have too much time on your hands.

Anyways, when I roleplay in this game I care less about the character build than I do how that character interacts.

Example 1: Augustus. Fierce loyalty to Cesar and the Legion. Only wears Legion armor and slaughters all NPCs and factions that will not cooperate with their plans. Only uses weapons acceptable to the Legions standards (no energy). Things like Science and perks like robotics expert must be avoided because it does not fit with the legion. No drugs or addictive substances may be used. Kindness to non-legion supporters may only be given if it helps the legions cause.

Example 2: My current character is called Mr. Fence. He fiercely protects and carries out Mr. House's motives. Highly tech savy and opts for any robotic or cybornetic enhancement available.

Next I will go the pure NCR route wearing the armor the entire time. This character will aslo have to be a boy scout and will not be allowed to ever gain negative karma (not yet sure if that is possible). At the very least he will not be able to steal :( . The only acception to this may be having to kill a veteran ranger for the comat clothes. (Not sure if you can get them otherwise).
---
www.google.com -Use this before asking stupid questions.
#13Renegade_ZeroPosted 11/16/2010 1:47:43 PM
Hmm I'll try.

The Renegade_Zero

S 5
P 5
E 6
C 2
I 6
A 8
L 8

You were formerly a member of the Brotherhood of Steel, but decide to leave for reasons unknown. You have wandered far and wide in search for a purpose. You are a man of few words, resorting to be the strong silent type (Charisma = 2). You are quite agile and prefer to travel light (Agility = 8). Being a former member of the Brotherhood, you are quite well-versed in technology. When you've run low on caps, you decided to join the Mojave Express as a part-time job. And thus you became Courier Six.

Tagged Skills:
Guns
Repair
Science

You will ALWAYS use the Terminals if you encounter them. This applies to locks too, and you will NEVER open a lock with lockpicks. Oddly enough, you seem to be fascinated in guns instead of energy weapons. Perhaps this is why you left the Brotherhood.

Lvl 2 - Lady Killer
Lvl 4 - Educated
Lvl 6 - Travel Light
Lvl 8 - Commando
Lvl 10 - Finesse
Lvl 12 - Math Wrath
Lvl 14 - Robotics Expert
Lvl 16 - Weapon Handling
Lvl 18 - Better Criticals
Lvl 20 - Light Step
Lvl 22 - Computer Whiz
Lvl 24 - Grim Reapers Sprint
Lvl 26 - Nerves of Steel
Lvl 28 - Fast Metabolism
Lvl 30 - Concentrated Fire

Equipment
Brotherhood Robes
Varmint Rifle given to you by Sunny Smiles (always keep it and repair) + scope + magazine mod, NO SILENCER.
Sniper Rifle + mods
9mm Pistol
Sunset Sarsaparilla (always keep it in your possession if you come across any)
1 T-Rex Doll bought from Novac
Stimpack

- Try to limit yourself to these, and stay away from chems, alcoholic drinks, or "weird food" (like animal steak/meat)

Companions
ED-E
Veronica

ALWAYS WEAR BROTHERHOOD ROBES. NEVER TAKE IT OFF EVEN IF THE ROBES ARE DAMAGED. (you can find one early in Goodsprings Caves, and yes I've been playing like this from the start, I like it)

---
"Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."
#14sinisterorionPosted 11/16/2010 1:48:46 PM
can you reverse pickpocket a ranger for his armor?
---
"Huh.. a ring that says you'll be together but not have sex. Isn't that called a wedding ring?" -- Butters
#15Lunar_Savage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2010 1:57:14 PM

TC, you have too much time on your hands.

Anyways, when I roleplay in this game I care less about the character build than I do how that character interacts.

Example 1: Augustus. Fierce loyalty to Cesar and the Legion. Only wears Legion armor and slaughters all NPCs and factions that will not cooperate with their plans. Only uses weapons acceptable to the Legions standards (no energy). Things like Science and perks like robotics expert must be avoided because it does not fit with the legion. No drugs or addictive substances may be used. Kindness to non-legion supporters may only be given if it helps the legions cause.

Example 2: My current character is called Mr. Fence. He fiercely protects and carries out Mr. House's motives. Highly tech savy and opts for any robotic or cybornetic enhancement available.

Next I will go the pure NCR route wearing the armor the entire time. This character will aslo have to be a boy scout and will not be allowed to ever gain negative karma (not yet sure if that is possible). At the very least he will not be able to steal :( . The only acception to this may be having to kill a veteran ranger for the comat clothes. (Not sure if you can get them otherwise).

Cool. I like example 2.

Btw, I would like to point out all those builds were designed in spare time over the course of 11 days. So it's not like I came up with them all on the spot. xD

Renegade_Zero, that sounds freakin' awesome. I like the T-Rex touch.

As for the reverse pickpocket. No idea.
---
Number of Mega Cookies given: (::::) 13
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/079/736/original/pokemonducreux.jpg
#16stan_boydPosted 11/16/2010 2:14:38 PM

I made a Char named Butcher Pete based off of the song in FO3 he used the weapon chopper which is a special meat cleaver if you haven't seen it already, and everytime he came across a woman alone he was obligated to kill her and after she was dead I continued to hack at the body.

"Hack, Wack, Choppin that Meat"

#17Lunar_Savage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2010 2:27:54 PM

I made a Char named Butcher Pete based off of the song in FO3 he used the weapon chopper which is a special meat cleaver if you haven't seen it already, and everytime he came across a woman alone he was obligated to kill her and after she was dead I continued to hack at the body.

"Hack, Wack, Choppin that Meat"

...out of the hundreds of hours I've put into Fallout...this has never occurred to me. xD

I may have to make a character like this one day.
---
Number of Mega Cookies given: (::::) 13
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/079/736/original/pokemonducreux.jpg
#18blutoblutarskyXPosted 11/16/2010 2:56:03 PM
"Example 1: Augustus. Fierce loyalty to Cesar and the Legion. Only wears Legion armor and slaughters all NPCs and factions that will not cooperate with their plans. Only uses weapons acceptable to the Legions standards (no energy). Things like Science and perks like robotics expert must be avoided because it does not fit with the legion. No drugs or addictive substances may be used. Kindness to non-legion supporters may only be given if it helps the legions cause."

i nammed my legion supporter augustus too.

but beginning with tribal raiding armor, i was thinking maybe "hannibal" would have been better.
#19Zanmatt2gPosted 11/16/2010 2:59:22 PM

I once made a character who always wore NCR Ranger combat armor. He was cold and silent, but was good deep down. He spends his time searching the wasteland for his long lost love, who, unbeknownst to him, commited suicide years ago after he left her to join the NCR. I called him Jonny Guitar.

#20KnuxtheTurtlePosted 11/16/2010 3:03:00 PM
Momma's Boy

Lvl 2 - Swift Learner or Confirmed Bachelor (I personally would go with swift learner...even though bachelor may fit better with the build)

Now what's that supposed to mean?
---
The two golden rules of FO:NV 1. Save often, atleast every 10-15 minutes.
2. CHECK THE WIKI: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki